Misspelling

Pics
He done this or that, instead of he did it. "He done" is half-brother of "he seen," and both make me crazy. I try to tell myself these are regional colloquialisms, and aren't they quaint; but if my kids speak this way I will rip their heads off with the flames of my wrath. The way one speaks, for better or worse, limits one's social growth and economic advancement. We will never have a President who speaks like a backwoods hillbilly or a redneck, and I'd guess there are precious few CEOs of Fortune 500 companies who do.

He done this or that, instead of he did it. "He done" is half-brother of "he seen," and both make me crazy. I try to tell myself these are regional colloquialisms, and aren't they quaint; but if my kids speak this way I will rip their heads off with the flames of my wrath. The way one speaks, for better or worse, limits one's social growth and economic advancement. We will never have a President who speaks like a backwoods hillbilly or a redneck, and I'd guess there are precious few CEOs of Fortune 500 companies who do.
Amen and indeed. Quaint speech is fine if you intend to live forever in the caste you were born.
Also, the president of the US says 'um' a lot. And I'd hate to attempt to punctuate his speech transcripts 🤣

I had a lady buy a pair of chickens from me that asked if they needed to be in a "broader". She said Orfingtons at least 3 times and two days later brought the chickens back saying they were mean while her kids screamed at them from the backseat.

My poor little girlies. They eat treats from my hands, roost with 3 week old babies under their wings and are the sweetest speckled sussex ever and are the reason I no longer sell started birds. She came back a month later and wanted me to give her another started pullet as a trade for one of her hatchery chicks that turned out to be a cockerel. Not a chance.

Back
Top Bottom