1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mistaken about my Faverolles Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Buster, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Up until today, I thought my sf roo "Jed" was too docile to protect his girls. He never does anything threatening to me or my kids and is pretty hen-pecked (he's missing all his saddle feathers and his beard). Tonight, I walked in the coop to fill up the water and didn't shut the door. One of our cats, wanting to be fed, followed me in. Well, Jed sounded the alarm and strutted over there larger than life and imposing. The half-grown cat decided against coming farther into the coop and left. I'm impressed with this guy. I don't have problems w/ him attacking or flogging me or my kids, but he recognizes a threat when he sees one. He just endeared himself to me.

2. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    [​IMG] Now that's a good boy!!! Way to go, Jed!

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    He's a GOOD Roo!

[​IMG]

4. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Jared, please tell us you have some hatching eggs, please, please, please, [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I don't but the guy I got the chickens from probably will. He kept all the SF hens! I can't complain since he GAVE me all the others! I can ask him about it because he has another SF roo and 3 or 4 hens.

6. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    So what do you want? Money, power, prestige, just ask and it's yours..... Please, please ask and see if he has any <insert begging on knees smilie>

I am NOT desparate, it just looks that way. [​IMG]

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

lol- I will. I think he is planning on hatching some out for me in the spring. I will send you a pm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by