Misters

We use the portable personal mister at one end of our run. Here in Arizona we need to use any way possible to keep the ladies cooled off in the summer heat. Our chickens really like it! Here is a picture of what we use......
56030_mister.jpg

Quote:
Same thing I have... got it from HD for $10. The chickens absolutely love it... one of them likes it a little too much. I'm wating for a new six head model from Amazon right now. Hope it gets here tomorrow so I can get it installed since our weather has cooled down a bit and I now it won't stay cool for long.

Last edited:
Hi, Here in S.E. Louisiana we have hot,humid summers so I decided to set up a misting fan for our girls in the enclosed section of our run. The area is 10' x 10' with metal roof for shade and rain protection. My wife bought a 6 nozzle misting system that hooks up to standard hose bibb(faucet). I attached it to a fan I got at Wal-Mart and mounted it to the back wall of run. We only turn it on during hottest part of the day for a few hours. It dramatically reduces the temp in that are and the girls seem to enjoy it. Here are a few photos.
Erik

69010_coop-shade_cloth_mist_fan_005.jpg

69010_coop-shade_cloth_mist_fan_004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom