Mix and Matches Breeding Project Thread

Well, this is still in the 'wishful thinking stage', and not really a PLAN, but, I want to cross my white polish crested roo over my EE that lays light blue-green eggs and my cc legbar that is a two week old chick BUT should lay bright blue eggs to get fabulous crested easter eggers!
View attachment 1579600 View attachment 1579599 View attachment 1579601
And then cross my EE roo over my gold-laced polish crested (who are ALSO only 2 weeks old lol) for some blue and ???? crested easter eggers, and then have a little flock of funky, colorful, colored egg layers!
View attachment 1579598
View attachment 1579602
But, the chicks won't be ready to breed (in my mind ) for at least another year, so this is all in the wishful thinking stage, although I may cross my EE roo over my slw next spring just for the fun of it!
View attachment 1579602 View attachment 1579604
I love colorful egg and colorful chickens, and that is what I plan to breed for!
Okay. I want to see CLARDOLE chickens so bad! Both are such pretty birds :)

I googled vulture hocks, and saw it us a common fault in brahmas. . . I wonder if you could find a VH brahma rooster and cross him over the white americaunas? That would add the size in pretty handily, and provide another dose of the fluffy feets.
Good thinking! Not to mention a rooster with a defect would likely be cheap or free. And old enough to breed.

Back
Top Bottom