Mixed breed genetics

Chickenhugger2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Can anyone tell me where I can find information on genetics of mixed breeds? For example ... I have some crested polish chicks that were crossed with either a sebright or a brahma. I am wondering which traits and colors are dominant when cross breeding. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on genetics of mixed breeds? For example ... I have some crested polish chicks that were crossed with either a sebright or a brahma. I am wondering which traits and colors are dominant when cross breeding. Thanks!

The genetics that deal with chickens is difficult. Post pictures of the possible parents and I can tell you what to expect,

Tim

you better start with stablished breeds genetics, that way you can lear genetics, then look at mixed chickens and guess their genetic make up with about 90%+ accuracy...............Worked for me

Back
Top Bottom