Thank you, we are wanting to get ones that will lay alot in a year. I have read that golden comets lay like 300 or so a year. We wanted chickens for eggs specially with prices going up on everything
Comets are a Sexlink. The parents are a red male with a white female. Mine is a RIR x Delaware. Some will show alot of white down. Mine came out unusually red but when she molts you can see all of the white.

If you get your chucks from RK or TSC. How do you know for sure they are autosexed or sexlink? The people at those store where I live have no clue what they are doing. I asked if the six I bought were pullet and they said yes. 2 of the 6 were roos and we are questioning a couple of the other ones we have. We had to get rid of the roos and I am hoping we don't have to remove anymore. We can't have roos.
I know I am late, but I fully agree there, I bought chicks from both, TSC was not that bad in my area, they did however mix up the breeds, instead of getting rode islands, I got BCM. And RK was the worst, the chicks there where all so sickly. All of them had pasty butt, all of them just looked so filthy, and un-heathly. I felt the need to save one of those chicks. So I did. (I had a broody hen, who just hatched some chicks, so the chick was not alone, don’t worry. She did accept her. I was only able to get one though for space reasons.)

I know I am late, but I fully agree there, I bought chicks from both, TSC was not that bad in my area, they did however mix up the breeds, instead of getting rode islands, I got BCM. And RK was the worst, the chicks there where all so sickly. All of them had pasty butt, all of them just looked so filthy, and un-heathly. I felt the need to save one of those chicks. So I did. (I had a broody hen, who just hatched some chicks, so the chick was not alone, don’t worry. She did accept her. I was only able to get one though for space reasons.)
My husband and I went into RK yesterday of course I had to go over and look at the chicks. Several had bad pasty butt. And there were 3 dead ones. When I told a worker there he got on his walky and very loudly said we need an undertaker at the chuck barn and laughed. A what I am assum8ng was a manager came over and said oh they are just asleep. I said no they are not one looked like it had been laying there for days. She went through all of the totes and was going their fine. I told her like 3 times where they were and was pointing. Needless to say i was crying because of the horrible thing the man said.

My husband and I went into RK yesterday of course I had to go over and look at the chicks. Several had bad pasty butt. And there were 3 dead ones. When I told a worker there he got on his walky and very loudly said we need an undertaker at the chuck barn and laughed. A what I am assum8ng was a manager came over and said oh they are just asleep. I said no they are not one looked like it had been laying there for days. She went through all of the totes and was going their fine. I told her like 3 times where they were and was pointing. Needless to say i was crying because of the horrible thing the man said.
That sounds horrible, I am so sorry… But Yeah, RK is one of the worst places to get chicks, which is funny, because they claim to be the “best” and the staff there sounded horrible aswell.

Back
Top Bottom