mixed flock

fishingfreckles6

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
I have 3 baby turkeys, 2 baby ducks 12 baby chickens and 8 full grown chickens and 1 full grown rooster. Right now I have them seperated, the babies all living together. I have an outdoor pen 24ft by 24ft covered with chicken wire for protection. The inside coop has enough roosts for all of them, the floor space is 10ft by 16ft. there are 6 nest boxes. Do you think this is big enough for all the fowl to live together in? The turkeys are 1 bronze back, 1white, 1 small black kind. I have also heard conflicting stories about mixing different fowl in one enclosure. I am starting them on baby chicken feed,then when they all get together, I will feed them Purina mixed flock food. Do you think this all sounds right? I am new to all of this. I have had the older chickens 1 year. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
Quote:
Never, they are just for my enjoyment I love to watch them, it is very relaxing, like watching a tank of fish. How much bigger do you think the coop/ yard needs to be? Thank you

Quote:
what? that is like 6 sq. feet per bird! most people crowd their birds in smaller quarters than that IMO.

Back
Top Bottom