Mixed lot of eggs..Silkies, frizzles, JG,

Country Living Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Florida
Ok, I have a mixed lot of eggs. I have GJ 10 hens to 1 rooster. (please note, I put the rooster in about 3 weeks ago. The previous rooster was a Red Sex link. The chicks should be pure but can not guarantee it), I have 1 white silkie rooster with 3 white hens, another set of silkie that are Black Hen, Splash Hen and a mixed color rooster. (They are mating but I never get an egg from them, and a coop with a Black Copper Maran Frizzle rooster with 3 RIR hens, two White rock hens, Black sex link hen and a barred Naked Neck hen. I will send what ever eggs I get today and can shp them out tomorrow.

Now I usuall get 1-2 white silkie eggs per day, 6-8 JG eggs per day and 3-5 of the Frizzle eggs per day. I can not guarantee you hatch results only that the roo's are breeding with the hens. I am guessing you will get around 12 eggs or so in total.

Yes I have black Giants and like I said, I put the rooster in about 3 weeks ago so they should be pure. The previous rooster was a Red Sex link so it the hens are still holding him..then they might not all be pure. I have not tested these eggs since he was put in. I have sent out 16 eggs to other members in the past few days so again I can not guarantee they will be pure. Right now I have 6 eggs from them.

Ok, it appears my silkie went broody. She has been sitting in the same nesting box since yesterday afternoon and the other two no eggs.. So, it looks like no silkie eggs in this box. If you already bid and win the bid and do not want the eggs because no silkie eggs, just let me know, it's not a problem.

It appears you will get 8 GJ eggs, 2 frizzle eggs and I will put two Peking Duck eggs in the box since no silkie eggs.

I really hate this heat wave in Florida right now. 15 weeks ago, when the temp cooled down, I had eggs coming out my ears....Thank goodness the temp is going back to being normal 76 tomorrow.....

Back
Top Bottom