Mixing corn chops in with Breeder/Finisher

_Randall_

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Grenada, Ms
I've got 48 BWs 7 months old, and just wanting y'alls opinion on mixing corn chops in with Nutrena Breeder/Finisher? They're healthy now, but is there any advantage to adding a little corn in the feed, besides adding fat on the birds..........especially for the winter months? Or, is this a bad idea?

Adding corn reduces protein and increases fat, over most standard rations. You can feed what you like and I turn it over to the experts, but I would stick with your more complete ration, rather than trying to mix and match.

Anything in the PM line called Breeder/finisher is 20% protein. Not really a dimes worth of difference between the 2 unless you are expecting eggs.

Add corn, and you lower the protein, and increase the fat. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just something to think about.
I'm an (Out of the bag) person. If my birds ever became to costly to maintain over the winter, I would eat them, and start over in the spring.

That's just me.

Thanks for the reply, Canter. That's what I expected to hear.

But, one other question...........Is Breeder/Finisher what I'm needing to feed the adult birds, and if not, what do y'all recommend. I don't have handy access to Purina brand.......just Nutrena. I'm just trying to keep them healthy until spring so I can start raising some more off of them.

Quote:
Breeder/finisher are both 20% protein and acceptable (to me) as a standard ration for the winter months. Any complete feed 18-30% protein should over winter and keep most galiformes healthy.
You may want to bump up the protein when they get their grove on in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom