Mixing suplement in water

10urbanchicks

Chirping
Apr 15, 2019
So I've been using Durvet Vitamins-Electrolytes in my chicks water since day. Can I add ACV to water as well? Do I need to offer it in separate watering dish? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

How old are your chicks? I only gave the chick supplement the first few days after stress of transport, etc.

I now add ACV to all my girls' water; three layers and four 10week old pullets. I don't think I'd mix both and they probably don't 'need' either one but I like the ACV if for no other reason than it slows the growth of slimy yuck in the water dish! I do think it has some good digestive benefits but that's just my opinion!

How old are your chicks? I only gave the chick supplement the first few days after stress of transport, etc.
How much do you add to the water? My chicks are about 8 wks old.
I now add ACV to all my girls' water; three layers and four 10week old pullets. I don't think I'd mix both and they probably don't 'need' either one but I like the ACV if for no other reason than it slows the growth of slimy yuck in the water dish! I do think it has some good digestive benefits but that's just my opinion!

My chicks are 7 weeks old. It's been really hot here so I wanted to keep the Electrolytes going. They have only been in the coop/run for a week. They seem to be settling in ok. I have decided to start them on fermented feed this weekend so probably won't need the ACV. Thank you.

No supplement should be given more than 10 days in a row.

ACV actually makes things grow faster in my well water. To give the probiotic effect it must be raw and unfiltered with "mother".

Did nothing but FF for 2 years... mostly hype and NO savings for my flock. Other than being a fun experiment was mostly a waste of my time and energy.

Electrolytes are best used when there has been diarrhea or off feed and water for a period of time.

Agree with Pirate girl... All life requires plain fresh water. ;)

Back
Top Bottom