MJ's little flock

Good evening folks :frow

There's a steak house in NJ called the Library. The walls are lined with books, they have a salad bar and the butcher is in the kitchen. When you're ready to order, you go see the butcher and tell him what you want. He gives you a tag with a number on it that you take back to your table. Mean time, choose a book and take it back to the table with you. If you're not done with it after dinner, feel free to take it with you and return it when you're done.
Sounds wonderful!

If I ever find myself unneedful of a healthy income (as if!:gig :lau ) I'll start the teashop and you can move to Adelaide and sell your sausage rolls 😋I was thinking it would also be a great space for a florist. I could invite interesting speakers to give talks 🤩 and artists to hang their pieces and hold openings 🍷
And an open mic!

Here's today's breakfast. Janet's eggs on mixed grain toast with a brew in the new pink cup, whose shortcomings I have begun to see as quirky features 😁

IMG_2021-07-24-09-33-17-284~2.jpg

I’m all caught up! I love the sound of your tea shop, MJ!
If it were closer I could be your pastry chef haha, I make a pretty swell sausage roll among other things (18 years practice, so I should 😂)
Me and one of my brothers used to watch Black Books together and dream about having our own small bookstore where you read, drank red wine and smoked all day like Bernard Black 🤭
Not the best business model but looked fun!
Ooohh, can you share the recipe Scrambles?
I want to recreate my Grandma's sausage rolls but all the recipes I find use puff pastry. 😥
Grandma's pastry was rich and buttery and not too flakey. :drool

Good evening folks :frow

There's a steak house in NJ called the Library. The walls are lined with books, they have a salad bar and the butcher is in the kitchen. When you're ready to order, you go see the butcher and tell him what you want. He gives you a tag with a number on it that you take back to your table. Mean time, choose a book and take it back to the table with you. If you're not done with it after dinner, feel free to take it with you and return it when you're done.
I hope the idea spreads! I wish I could give more than one heart to this post.
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Ooohh, can you share the recipe Scrambles?
I want to recreate my Grandma's sausage rolls but all the recipes I find use puff pastry. 😥
Grandma's pastry was rich and buttery and not too flakey. :drool
I’ve used puff all my career but did she maybe make the pastry herself? If so it might have been more like a croissant pastry with butter layered in it instead of fat?

Back
Top Bottom