MJ's little flock

Still no peeps, MJ? That is disheartening. :hugs
No, nothing.

There's a sliver of hope, but it's vanishing by the day. I'll throw the eggs away on Tuesday.

On the other hand, there's an ad for pullets on gumtree that looks promising. I've saved her number and will reach out after I've removed the egg.

No, nothing.

There's a sliver of hope, but it's vanishing by the day. I'll throw the eggs away on Tuesday.

On the other hand, there's an ad for pullets on gumtree that looks promising. I've saved her number and will reach out after I've removed the egg.
I'm so sorry. I know this is not how you envisioned this week going. My sympathies to everyone, chickens and humans, involved. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Here I have Belle I think going to stay broody even with a new coop 🙄
Can’t have ‘broken up’ the old nest anymore than make the whole coop disappear 😅
I’m so torn about what to do but I’m sure I’ll work it out 😁
Maybe just let her live through it until her three weeks are up then start putting her on the roost at night after dark. After a few nights she might stay up all day.

At least, this tactic works with Mary, Ivy and now Peggy too.

That way the hens learn about sitting and self care. So if you ever decide to try a hatch, the hen will have good basics established.

Not that it's a guarantee of things going well.

Back
Top Bottom