MJ's little flock

Awww dear Charlie.

How are your chooks today Loz?
They seem fine (but we all know too well how they can hide illness!) but I’m having trouble contacting the vet. He wanted to see her if she seemed well to check if he could hear anything in her lungs and possibly need an injectable antibiotic. But I haven’t been able to speak to him. Nyssa and I are both ecstatic that the liquid antibiotics finished yesterday morning and there was a triple bath going on in the afternoon.

6D323CAC-FF08-4222-8A40-1CDD897101F3.jpeg

They seem fine (but we all know too well how they can hide illness!) but I’m having trouble contacting the vet. He wanted to see her if she seemed well to check if he could hear anything in her lungs and possibly need an injectable antibiotic. But I haven’t been able to speak to him. Nyssa and I are both ecstatic that the liquid antibiotics finished yesterday morning and there was a triple bath going on in the afternoon.

View attachment 3266796
Are they not answering at all? That's odd. I'd expect someone to pick up the phone.

I took a step today friends. I put my name on the wait list for 3 pullets from a reliable fodder store who sells the pullets started by a reliable breeder.

I didn't make any breed preference except to say I'd rather heritage or mixed breeds, but I did say I'd prefer pullets that I can tell apart from each other. They said that makes it easier for them and that I'll hear from them in a week or two.

Hopefully that'll coincide with Mary and Ivy's reintegration with Peggy and Janet.
I've been snooping on the breeder's Facebook page and from their photos, it seems they breed Orpingtons, Sussexes, D'Uccles, Dorkings, Barnevelders, Vorwerks, Faverolles, and a black breed that isn't Australorp (maybe Langshan).

Can't wait to be surprised by the new arrivals :D

Are they not answering at all? That's odd. I'd expect someone to pick up the phone.
Oh yes they were answering, it seems as though the reception staff weren’t passing on the message. I spoke to him today; apparently injectable doxycycline is proving hard to source at the moment. I’m observing Nyssa, she’s still got a slight wheeze. I’ll start back on the probiotics tomorrow.

I've been snooping on the breeder's Facebook page and from their photos, it seems they breed Orpingtons, Sussexes, D'Uccles, Dorkings, Barnevelders, Vorwerks, Faverolles, and a black breed that isn't Australorp (maybe Langshan).

Can't wait to be surprised by the new arrivals :D
Oooo, I hope you get some Vorwerks! They’re so cool looking! Fun variety of choices!

Oh yes they were answering, it seems as though the reception staff weren’t passing on the message. I spoke to him today; apparently injectable doxycycline is proving hard to source at the moment. I’m observing Nyssa, she’s still got a slight wheeze. I’ll start back on the probiotics tomorrow.
Vets have to abide slightly different rules in each state. Because of the superbug threat, each time Mark prescribes clavulox, it goes in a register. At a certain point, the committee responsible for the register start asking questions and he has to explain himself. So it doesn't surprise me that your vet isn't able to prescribe a specific antibiotic, even though he wants to.

Oooo, I hope you get some Vorwerks! They’re so cool looking! Fun variety of choices!
Ah! @Ribh has had Vorwerks and I think in the end had mixed feelings about them. I agree with you, they look wonderful!

I'm secretly hoping for a speckled Sussex, a Dorking, and an Orpington, but it doesn't matter enough for me to take the step of specifying a breed preference. Any of the other breeds would be just as treasured.

Vets have to abide slightly different rules in each state. Because of the superbug threat, each time Mark prescribes clavulox, it goes in a register. At a certain point, the committee responsible for the register start asking questions and he has to explain himself. So it doesn't surprise me that your vet isn't able to prescribe a specific antibiotic, even though he wants to.
It’s not so much that he has to justify himself that it doesn’t appear to be available. He said he would keep investigating though. He and his wife Dr Nikki are so lovely.

It’s not so much that he has to justify himself that it doesn’t appear to be available. He said he would keep investigating though. He and his wife Dr Nikki are so lovely.
Good on him. I appreciate his level of professional commitment.

Back
Top Bottom