MJ's little flock

Oh wow! Good to know! I’m a “lap chicken” person myself haha. They sound like they would not be the best fit for me. So pretty though!
They really are.

I am a lap chicken person too, but I don't have any lap chickens. Ivy will stand on me if she thinks there might be a treat in it. But that's as good as it gets.

I wish! I was looking for something I could use as a quarantine coop. The UK seems to have a lot of choice. I only found one in the US and that was too tiny to be useful.
Rats. I imagine shipping from there would be extremely expensive.

They really are.

I am a lap chicken person too, but I don't have any lap chickens. Ivy will stand on me if she thinks there might be a treat in it. But that's as good as it gets.
Haha I have a bunch of those types too! My favorite are the ones that will stand on you or next to you unless you dare touch them…and then they run like you plan to make them dinner next! 😆 My lap chickens have all been bantams or Ameraucanas so far. I am a sucker for those fluffy cheek chickens! 😍

I wish! I was looking for something I could use as a quarantine coop. The UK seems to have a lot of choice. I only found one in the US and that was too tiny to be useful.
Omlet and this new brand called Nestera both service the US. They are on the smaller side though! Hold a max of 6 large chickens…although don’t tell my Lav Orp rooster…he may be ginormous but he thinks he’s a bantam and sleeps in the smallest coop I have. I have tried at least three times to move him to the big kid coop! Weird chicken 😆

No doubt she'll share a few thoughts when she has the time and energy. She wrote about them on her thread, Ribh's d'coopage, but one of them was paralysed for a long time, came good for months, then died suddenly. I have a dim recollection they didn't fit in well with her flock and did their own thing. And this is from Ribh, who loves chickens that do their own thing, so it must've been quite full on for her to comment on it.
I found the Vorwerks quite aggressive which is not a good fit for my lot which has lots of bantams & things like frizzles, & more docile breeds.

Back
Top Bottom