MJ's little flock

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. :he
I would worry too. I have had broody hens eating less but not to the point I could see them loosing weight after a week (except for Léa once she was raising chicks but that is different).

Maybe you already do this, but I try to put a choice for the broodies, so they have three or four things to try of different taste and texture.

When Chipie was broody last spring her main food focus was eating plantain weed leaves 😮. After a bit more than 30 days I ended up breaking her, and regretted not having done it sooner... But it never came to the point where I was really worried for her health. And she had successfully hatched chicks the year before so I figured/ hoped she knew what she was doing.

I would worry too. I have had broody hens eating less but not to the point I could see them loosing weight after a week (except for Léa once she was raising chicks but that is different).

Maybe you already do this, but I try to put a choice for the broodies, so they have three or four things to try of different taste and texture.

When Chipie was broody last spring her main food focus was eating plantain weed leaves 😮. After a bit more than 30 days I ended up breaking her, and regretted not having done it sooner... But it never came to the point where I was really worried for her health. And she had successfully hatched chicks the year before so I figured/ hoped she knew what she was doing.
that's a great idea! Like a smorgasbord :)

I gave her a couple more options this morning, plus I made her stand up so she was more inclined to eat.

How are you feeling today MJ?
A little congested and headachey. Yesterday's test was positive, but only faintly!

Mind you, it might not be a reliable test because I broke the swabbing end off the nasal swab as I was removing it from its sterile packaging, went ahead and used it anyway (it was my last test until the new ones are delivered), added it to the reagent, then couldn't fish it out of the reagent. Not one to surrender lightly, I went ahead and dripped reagent into the test, even though the end of the nasal swab was forlornly left behind in the dripper.

I'm not clear on the extent to which the presence of the swab in the reagent dripper invalidates the test, so...

Also, the demoliton guys are here again today, taking down the remaining columns and pillars, and lifting the remaining concrete.

They say they'll have to come back a third time to remove the footings.

It seems demolition has turned out to be the most complicated part of the job. The concreter and chippy say they're ready to go as soon as the demolition is done.

Curiosity mainly :) the first negative test is going to be extremely satisfying.
You realize you are playing with the statistics and are tempting the lab test fates to give you a false negative, right?

Nerdy scientist tax

20231213_144556.jpg

You realize you are playing with the statistics and are tempting the lab test fates to give you a false negative, right?

Nerdy scientist tax

View attachment 3705172
Yes! That's why I require two negatives in a row before letting myself out of self-imposed covid prison.

I refuse to be the person who gives covid to others immediately before Christmas.

How wonderful! 🥰

It took a while but that run complex you have now is a game changer for your ladies. They look so happy going about their day.

I'm glad you felt well enough to spend some time with them. :hugs
Thanks Bob! It really got wings once my brother was available for working on it. He did an amazing job roofing the roosting box.

It still needs work, but nothing urgent.

Back
Top Bottom