MJ's little flock

Yes and very downhearted. She sitting around the place much more than she used to. Knowing @BY Bob 's Hattie did similar and was found to have sore joints (was it arthritis Bob?), I became worried about Mary's joints. Hattie also had developed sores on her keel from sitting so much. So last night I checked for sores on Mary's keel and noticed the lack of feathers under there. I can't describe it perfectly but "Leathery" comes closest.
Yes. Hattie is diagnosed with arthritis. She limits her travels around the yard even with the meloxicam (metacam) she is on. She developed sores on her keel from sitting on it so much. She now slumps to one side or the other to avoid her keel and things have improved.

20240203_120852.jpg

Yes. Hattie is diagnosed with arthritis. She limits her travels around the yard even with the meloxicam (metacam) she is on. She developed sores on her keel from sitting on it so much. She now slumps to one side or the other to avoid her keel and things have improved.

View attachment 3764263
We need to start a resource for people caring for elderly hens.

I went back for a second helping of the sea view, this time from the end of the jetty.

View attachment 3763738

Counting blessings. So grateful to great grandfather for building the house where he did.
By the way, see those grooves worn into the wooden railing? They're caused over many years by the ropes that tied someone's crab nets to the jetty.

Mission accomplished mwahahahaaaa!
As I am traveling I did not have Nightshade's help. However, all on my own I discovered an unfortunate feature.
I lost a piece. I mean seriously lost. Turns out you can have the whole puzzle constructed on top of a piece that is then lost to you until you move the puzzle!

As I am traveling I did not have Nightshade's help. However, all on my own I discovered an unfortunate feature.
I lost a piece. I mean seriously lost. Turns out you can have the whole puzzle constructed on top of a piece that is then lost to you until you move the puzzle!
That would've been bamboozling until you figured it out!

I have done that as well. Glad I'm not alone. :gig :gig

Back
Top Bottom