MJ's little flock

Does Janet fly MJ?
No, never. She hops up onto roosts but she's never bothered flying anywhere.

Actually, it's a little odd because the people I bought her from said she's a good flier :idunno but they kept the hens in dark sheds, so maybe she was wanting to get out of there.

Last edited:
No, never. She hops up onto roosts but she's never bothered flying anywhere.

Actually, it's a little odd because the people I bought her from said she's a good flier :idunno but they kept the hens in dark sheds, so maybe she was wanting to get out of there.
Barnvelders are usually fliers. There is a small flock about 15 kilometers from here. I chat to the guy that keeps them. They are also apparently above average for predator awareness.

Barnvelders are usually fliers. There is a small flock about 15 kilometers from here. I chat to the guy that keeps them. They are also apparently above average for predator awareness.
Compared to Sandy and Mary, she's good at running away and she always (ie 100%) takes her naps and lays her eggs under thick cover. Compared to the youngsters, she's a bit slow on her feet.

This is one of the reasons I asked you about ageing. I'm very curious about the ways in which hens demonstrate ageing. For example, Mary used to chase the pigeons but she doesn't any more.

Someone's getting big!

IMG20200218164044.jpg

In this photo she's about 40cm tall :) that's 15.7 inches.

You know what? Who the heck knows what's in her. I have no idea.

Let's say yes to Brahma.

I'd like to rely on what I was told, but that seems like an unwise choice.

:gig:lau:gig😂
They're big but everyone who keeps them loves them. I think they are gorgeous birds but not a very wise choice for here.

No. I see not. Pekin. You listed breeds I'm not very familiar with but I thought Pekins were shorter & rounder while I know the Brahmas have that very upright stance. Oh gosh! I do wonder if your people had any idea @ all! She looks like she's going to be a big girl.
I hope she grows to be huuuge!

Back
Top Bottom