MJ's little flock

Thanks, Shad. I take it they're not prone to going broody either...?;) I am sooo over broody chooks! :rolleyes:
They will go broody apparently.
How many have you got gone broody Ribh?
I've got five atm. I'm letting them sit for a few days to switch off the egg laying cycle.
I collected 32 eggs today.:he
This is what I've got left after giving some to the main house.
P4083117.JPG

They will go broody apparently.
How many have you got gone broody Ribh?
I've got five atm. I'm letting them sit for a few days to switch off the egg laying cycle.
I collected 32 eggs today.:he
This is what I've got left after giving some to the main house.
View attachment 2080652
Just one broody. My young Aracauna has been broody for about 6 weeks now. She is a stubborn girl! :lol: However I do want eggs. Two dozen went to my daughter this week [ 1 of those will probably go to my mother] but I have neighbours who are in need of eggs. They are available in the shops but super expensive, especially free range. I'm getting about 6 a day from 14 hens ~ which is ok given we're heading into winter & most of my older girls are in some kind of molt. I have a BR thinking about it but so far she's still on the lay.

Those are some lovely looking eggs. The dark brown ones, is that from Marans? or a X?

Just one broody. My young Aracauna has been broody for about 6 weeks now. She is a stubborn girl! :lol: However I do want eggs. Two dozen went to my daughter this week [ 1 of those will probably go to my mother] but I have neighbours who are in need of eggs. They are available in the shops but super expensive, especially free range. I'm getting about 6 a day from 14 hens ~ which is ok given we're heading into winter & most of my older girls are in some kind of molt. I have a BR thinking about it but so far she's still on the lay.

Those are some lovely looking eggs. The dark brown ones, is that from Marans? or a X?
The darkest are from Moon. The others are Mel, Fudge, Tackle and Hurry. The hardest to tell apart are Hurry's and Tackle's.

The girl got some blue eggs this time. Would have thought she'd've known better but: Are they blue inside? Do they taste any different? Are they ok to eat? Well, Duh! I'd've hardly given them to you if they weren't ok to eat! :rolleyes: She thinks they're pretty so lets hope she has no qualms about cracking them open!:idunno

It's been rather amusing watching the occupants of the main house cope with what here is minimal confinement. When they were 'working' about all one would hear was how busy they were going to this meeting, or that, and how they would love some time at home. Well, now they've got plenty of time at home and they just can't wait to leave the place.:lau
None of them work in productive jobs and don't have any skills as such so the chances of their lives returning to normal in the foreseeable future is remote.
What seems to upset them is the world hasn't ground to a halt without their guidance.:p
People, they're a strange bunch.

What sort of work do they do?

Back
Top Bottom