MJ's little flock

Have you got a collection? Or one trusty favourite you use every day?
I collect tea pots (not sets so much). I didn't really intend to collect tea pots it is just I seem to have accumulated a lot of them and they all have their place in my tea drinking so naturally I keep them all. A well balanced 'pour' is a marvelous thing!

I collect tea pots (not sets so much). I didn't really intend to collect tea pots it is just I seem to have accumulated a lot of them and they all have their place in my tea drinking so naturally I keep them all. A well balanced 'pour' is a marvelous thing!
Ah! I guess you have one for black tea, one for green...? One for home, one for office?

A dribbly spout goes beyond nuisance. It reduces the delight in a tea session.

Ah! I guess you have one for black tea, one for green...? One for home, one for office?

A dribbly spout goes beyond nuisance. It reduces the delight in a tea session.

One for just me (two cups) and one for two tea-drinkers (4 cups) and one for many. And then there is cosy and casual versus ‘I baked and I want you all to admire the spread’. Really, how anyone survives without dozens of tea pots is a mystery!🤣🤣

One for just me (two cups) and one for two tea-drinkers (4 cups) and one for many. And then there is cosy and casual versus ‘I baked and I want you all to admire the spread’. Really, how anyone survives without dozens of tea pots is a mystery!🤣🤣
I like your style RC!

This is a Phoenix Chicken.
Yes, MJ. There is such a thing. :D

View attachment 2181243
If I ever have a rooster this is what I want. 😍
I can get these in Australia.
I can't get Onagadori, which would be my first choice ~ but who knows. Some day someone might import them. :D
Ah! What a stunner!!

It's a Monday morning but a public holiday, so I'm counting it as a weekend and having eggs.

Ivy's on the left and Peggy's on the right. Pan-fried on Vegemite toast. The love heart shape was inadvertent but very fitting :love

IMG20200608113607.jpg

The pink teacup is exactly the type nana used to drink from in the 1970s. The stamp says Johnson Australia. When I saw it on a secondhand shop, it brought back lots of memories and I couldn't leave it on the shelf.

That's the everyday teapot, nothing special, but pretty. It's a dribbly-spouted piece of contemporary transferware. Not especially well made - probably from a mould, I can't see any joins.

But the little green milk jug is a collectible. It has a sugar bowl companion. They're very cute together :)

Have you got a collection? Or one trusty favourite you use every day?
Not really a collection any more. I used to have three tea sets and a number of coffee mugs.
I do have an every day mug given to me by my daughter.
https://www.sophieallport.com/collections/chicken/products/lay-a-little-egg-for-me-mug
I haven't always been an impoverished bucket boy and in past times I've tended to buy unusual well made things and keep them for years rather than the latest must have.
I gave away or sold a lot of stuff before I came out to Catalonia.

Back
Top Bottom