MJ's little flock

Getting better daily, we are stopping the Tylenol to see if its causing some of my headaches 🤔, still a bit wobbly at times, my hands have a mind of their own and are jumpy at times. The swelling in my feet and legs is very bothersome as we haven't been given a reason for it yet. In the grand scheme of things, I guess they are all little issues- it could be much worse.
At the same time, little issues add up don't they. I hope stepping off the tylenol turns out to be a good move.

Speaking of Ivy, she had not been off the nest for 40 hours, so I lifted her off and put her on the ground. I waited beside her to protect her while she came out of her trance. It took about 3 minutes. As soon as she was alert, she ran for the water. While she was drinking, I made her a mash with mealworms on top. She's confined to the henhouse with her mash to prevent the others eating it. When she's finished eating, I'll let her out to play. I think she'll go back to the nest within an hour.
If she is going to hatch she is going to need to come off of the nest every day to eat, poo, and dustbathe. If you ever do let her hatch you will have to watch her. Can't have her wasting away to nothing.

I'm glad you are tracking her closely.

Nope, both Pepper and Edwina have been broody before and placed in "broody jail".

None of my girls seem to have been as stubborn about it as many others on these threads thank goodness! Pepper seems to have given up already. :yesss:
Good news! I'm glad she has given up. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom