MJ's little flock

Future politics by Jamie Susskind for the AI and ethics book club. I'm leading the discussion on this book in March so I'm getting my homework done early.
Ok. Sounds a bit deep for me. :D Mind you, a lot of politics goes over my head. I can never figure out why no~one seems to use their horse & common.

She's good, thanks for asking. At this moment she's in the big yard with her friends, drinking some water and relaxing after her first forage of the day. Her face is quite red, so I think she's preparing an egg, which means she'll be a little weak by Thursday/Friday which is when she'll try (and fail) to lay it. I think she'll be strong again by Sunday and she'll stay strong til her next egg wants to be laid.

I'm being very attentive to her cycle so that an opportunity is created to coincide her surgery with her optimum strength.

Now she's finished her drink and is foraging again. This time she's looking for bits of green and bugs among the tall grasses.

She hasn't been grooming as much since I sprayed her a couple of nights ago, so I presume the spray has given her some relief.
Poor girl. Bad enough having egg issues without buggy things as well & no beak worth speaking of. :(

Ok. Sounds a bit deep for me. :D Mind you, a lot of politics goes over my head. I can never figure out why no~one seems to use their horse & common.
Haha it's a long argument regarding the control of technology vs technology's control of us - hmmm have you noticed how facebookish byc is now? That suggests to me that facebook is getting our byc data and that happens somewhat silently. I have been fastidiously disengaged from facebook since they ran psychological experiments on people without their informed consent.

Not sure what this means for my ongoing participation on byc. I may have to say farewell, but first I'll check the privacy policy.

Back to the book, I'm not sure what the point of Susskind's argument is because I've only read two chapters, lots to go!

Mary's water problem

A moment ago, I saw Mary sprinting across the yard - and she's a big hen - sprinting across the yard to the water dispenser. Her last drink was 10 minutes ago.

If it weren't so reassuring to know she's well-hydrated, I'd stage an intervention.

:hit the update took my friend badge away!! I only had it for a few weeks and was still delighted by it
Really? Nooooooooo!!!!!!! Maybe you'll get it back when they finish tweeking. Otherwise ask Nifty what's going on? BTW I think mine's gone too. :( Maybe they aren't doing them any more...?

Really? Nooooooooo!!!!!!! Maybe you'll get it back when they finish tweeking. Otherwise ask Nifty what's going on? BTW I think mine's gone too. :( Maybe they aren't doing them any more...?
I put a post in the "tell us what's going wrong" thread. Hopefully we'll get our badges back soon.

Back
Top Bottom