MJ's little flock

Sleep is for the weak. :p

I sleep it's just at weird times in Australia. :gig

I would highly recommend the Olive Egger. they are smaller hens, closer to leghorns than Orpingtons. Great personalities.

The norfolk grey is intriguing to me. I don't know a lot about them.

Wyandottes are beautiful but I feel like I hear of them causing issues in flocks. I've never had one.

You know Australorps, you don't need help there.

That was probably no help at all.

I am so excited for you! :clap

I've had bantams. They can be fun but the eggs are really small.

How big is your coop?

Sleep is for the weak. :p

I sleep it's just at weird times in Australia. :gig

I would highly recommend the Olive Egger. they are smaller hens, closer to leghorns than Orpingtons. Great personalities.

The norfolk grey is intriguing to me. I don't know a lot about them.

Wyandottes are beautiful but I feel like I hear of them causing issues in flocks. I've never had one.

You know Australorps, you don't need help there.

That was probably no help at all.

I am so excited for you! :clap
I didn't know olive eggers were small hens! Nor that Wyandottes can be troublesome.

Lots of help, thank you!

I think I'll prepafe two cat carry boxes for tomorrow.

I didn't know olive eggers were small hens! Nor that Wyandottes can be troublesome.

Lots of help, thank you!

It's so exciting!

Olive Eggers are like EEs. They are hybrids of a sort and each hatchery has their own mix so there can be differences. My Aurora is like 5 lbs. Not real big as hens go. I think Daisy, greatest hen ever, was around 4.5 lbs.

It's roughly 6m2, which is roughly 60 square feet. It's mostly used for roosting but some feeding too.

The little coop is 3m2 and the yard is huge. Maybe 20m2.

60 square feet is plenty of coop space for 5 hens of any size. Go get them! :wee

Hahaha! Yep, there's lots of shoulder room on the roost. I've also been struck by an idea for making it even more spacious. I can add a third level. So it would be

Ground floor. Nest boxes, tree stumps, bugs.

First floor. Pellets, water and grains.

Second floor. Roosts and breezes.

Lots of help, thank you!

Wyandottes seem to be unreliable personality wise. My bantam , Lottie, is a Wyandotte & a lovelier hen it would be hard to find. WhoDat rehomed hers. :) She was a handful by all accounts. If you read through the comments section in the breeds you will get a variety of answers.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/wyandotte.10914/
Bit hit & miss it seems as to whether you get a lovely hen or a real stinker.

Hahaha! Yep, there's lots of shoulder room on the roost. I've also been struck by an idea for making it even more spacious. I can add a third level. So it would be

Ground floor. Nest boxes, tree stumps, bugs.

First floor. Pellets, water and grains.

Second floor. Roosts and breezes.

Like a chicken condo complex! I like it.

Back
Top Bottom