MJ's little flock

It's my humble opinion that Peggy has the fluffiest butt ever seen.

Disagree? Post a pic of your favourite fluff!
View attachment 2012982

These two have fairly fluffy butts...
IMG20200125161148.jpg

....but I think that Peggy is fluffier
IMG20191105072539.jpg

Maybe you could consider 5 Bob. I've read (and it makes sense) that introducing two is easier than one.

I am considering that. I may also bring in 3 and go to 6. Based upon my observations, they pair off when allowed to free range. 6 might be more than my yard could survive though. 6 is the maximum I would have in the coop because of the need to lock them up in the winter sometimes like they are now.

It's hard. I was planning to let Maleficent set a nest if she wanted and add to the flock that way. That is out now, obviously. :(

I'm also afraid to adjust my numbers and then have Lilly pass on. She is no spring chicken.

I'm completely undecided on what to do right now but I am concerned long term for Aurora. They have to be with her now, locked up and all. But I saw how lonely Lilly would get when Daisy, TGHE, and Patsy would go off on their own. I've had 3, 4 is better.

I am considering that. I may also bring in 3 and go to 6. Based upon my observations, they pair off when allowed to free range. 6 might be more than my yard could survive though. 6 is the maximum I would have in the coop because of the need to lock them up in the winter sometimes like they are now.

It's hard. I was planning to let Maleficent set a nest if she wanted and add to the flock that way. That is out now, obviously. :(

I'm also afraid to adjust my numbers and then have Lilly pass on. She is no spring chicken.

I'm completely undecided on what to do right now but I am concerned long term for Aurora. They have to be with her now, locked up and all. But I saw how lonely Lilly would get when Daisy, TGHE, and Patsy would go off on their own. I've had 3, 4 is better.

I completely agree that 4 is better then 3, however Aurora could go broody in the Spring.

If that happens, I have plenty green layers, I'll give you eggs to hatch, you can keep which chicks you want, and I'll take back the rest.

I don't know how quickly you feel the need to add to your flock, but if the 3 of them are getting along, I'd just let things flow as they are.

I completely agree that 4 is better then 3, however Aurora could go broody in the Spring.

If that happens, I have plenty green layers, I'll give you eggs to hatch, you can keep which chicks you want, and I'll take back the rest.

I don't know how quickly you feel the need to add to your flock, but if the 3 of them are getting along, I'd just let things flow as they are.

You are the sweetest. Thank you so much for the kind offer. My wife is very excited by your offer. Although she does want Polish chickens. It's still too soon to decide on anything. I need to rid myself of the killer before I do anything for sure. Barring that, the run needs to be significantly enhanced before I would risk another hen.

Back
Top Bottom