MJ's little flock

I'm not above staying in a coop so I can visit, just saying!! LOL :lau 🤪
Just don't take over Janet's roost or you'll be in for a pecking! :gig:lau

Seriously there's one spare bedroom and cheap off-season rentals a short walk away if more than one bedroom is needed.

Friends, I'm not entirely healthy at present - just a weird lurgy, nothing serious - so please excuse me if I don't pipe up as often.

If anything chicken-newsworthy occurs, I daresay won't be able to resist sharing it with you, but otherwise, I'm just resting and living a slightly smaller life than usual.

Good morning :frow

There's not much to say this morning. Last night Janet allowed the youngsters to roost up on level 4, which was good of her. Mary and Sandy were again at opposite ends of the level 2 roost, Janet was on level 3.

I bought another dine a chook feeder yesterday. The design confounds the pigeons so these work well as yard feeders. I think it's time I provided two yard feeders. More for my own convenience than anything else. There should be fewer refills. I'll be wanting more feeders one day if the flock ever grows to 9-12 hens, so it's all good.

I've been thinking about applying to the council for permission to build the big henhouse. I don't have the time to draught the design, so I'm going to have to get someone to do it for me. The permission takes months to come through so the sooner I get this project underway, the better. I'm aiming to have it finished in 2023 when the next three youngsters will join us.

I've also taken a pause to reconsider the wisdom of building. I may end up buying a big coop off the shelf instead. It's a shame there are no professional coop builders in South Australia. I'm thinking of the guys who build the Carolina Coops.
I've had good luck with a converted Shed.

Someone's getting big!

View attachment 2029220

In this photo she's about 40cm tall :) that's 15.7 inches.
She's so adorable her colors are amazing and so stylish with her hat and shoes :) . Makes me sad my hens are all basic black (BSL) and the roo's (i never wanted roo's) are BO and red LOL . Here's my little psycho roo (though he'd doing much better lately, hormones must be easing up. About 10 months and about 17" (43.18 cm)

Attachments

• IMG_2715.JPG
    IMG_2715.JPG
    781.7 KB · Views: 5
Friends, I'm not entirely healthy at present - just a weird lurgy, nothing serious - so please excuse me if I don't pipe up as often.

If anything chicken-newsworthy occurs, I daresay won't be able to resist sharing it with you, but otherwise, I'm just resting and living a slightly smaller life than usual.
Hope you feel better soon

Back
Top Bottom