MJ's little flock

You Aussies have me seriously considering a trip. People plan for years to take and pay for a cruise, why can't I do that for a trip to Australia.

I have NEVER flown so this would be a huge plunge for me. I also assume I'll be in need of a passport.

MJ, @Ribh @LozzyR @Aussie-Chookmum please give me some places to see and a general idea of which areas I would be in. I think I am going to put some serious thought into this.

I've been trying to instill in the kids that memories mean more then things. What better way to make memories then take a trip to an entirely different continent!

Ooooh, exciting! Planning is as fun as the trip! Make sure you have heaps of time. Australia is big.

Do a sight seeing trip of Sydney, you can actually book to climb up the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Visit one of the zoos here too. Featherdale is a small zoo with lots of native animals.
Come to the Blue Mountains and do a bit of bush walking. The trails around Katoomba and Blackheath are well maintained and very beautiful.

Come in Autumn or Spring. I would avoid Summer ( December to February)

Ooooh, exciting! Planning is as fun as the trip! Make sure you have heaps of time. Australia is big.

Do a sight seeing trip of Sydney, you can actually book to climb up the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Visit one of the zoos here too. Featherdale is a small zoo with lots of native animals.
Come to the Blue Mountains and do a bit of bush walking. The trails around Katoomba and Blackheath are well maintained and very beautiful.

Come in Autumn or Spring. I would avoid Summer ( December to February)
Janolean Caves if you're in the Blue Mountains.

Janolean Caves if you're in the Blue Mountains.
Thanks Ribh, I can’t believe I didn’t think of Jenolan Caves! They do easy guided walking tours @CrazyChookChookLady and have very impressive limestone formations.

I’ll let MJ and Ribh chime in with what they think is worth a visit in their neck of the woods.

Have fun planning! We can meet for a coffee when you get here! 😀

Thanks Ribh, I can’t believe I didn’t think of Jenolan Caves! They do easy guided walking tours @CrazyChookChookLady and have very impressive limestone formations.

I’ll let MJ and Ribh chime in with what they think is worth a visit in their neck of the woods.

Have fun planning! We can meet for a coffee when you get here! 😀
I actually rabbited on on my thread...:oops: rather than waffle all over MJs. There's such a lot & this place is sooo big you really need to know what you want to see before you get here.

At present I am getting more blue eggs than any other sort. :gigOur weather has gone from super hot & humid to wet & cool in a few days. It's put the big girls off their stride.

Hope you are feeling better tonight. :hugs
Good evening folks :frow

MJ, hope you're feeling better :hugs
Sending get well soon hugs. :hugs :hugs:hugs
Good evening everyone 😊

Hope your feeling better MJ :hugs :hugs
Thanks folks. I'm much beter today :)

The chicks are getting so big! Their little crests are gorgeous. Nice to see you're getting some sunshine in winter.
Winters during the day are in general sunny here. It was 21C here today which is about right for me. I'm finding the summer heat hard to cope with in the hottest months.

That seems right. Take a break lady. She's putting everyone else to shame.
Peggy laid her Monday egg wighin 45 minutes of waking up.

Meanwhile Ivy continues to dodge the older hens and tries to work out what a nest is for. She's not escaping as much as she used to. And when she does escape she knows the routine for getting back in and she's getting quicker about it to avoid cuddles.

Winters during the day are in general sunny here. It was 21C here today which is about right for me. I'm finding the summer heat hard to cope with in the hottest months.
Yeh, that's lovely weather. Neither hot nor cold.

At present I am getting more blue eggs than any other sort. :gigOur weather has gone from super hot & humid to wet & cool in a few days. It's put the big girls off their stride.

Hope you are feeling better tonight. :hugs
At least the Araucanas are laying well and I'm glad it's cooled down, what a relief it must be.

I'll read your thread in a minute and catch up on the integration.

Back
Top Bottom