MJ's little flock

Sandy fans will be pleased to hear she's grown a couple of new tail feathers :) no photos yet because they're in the thick of her tail. I'll be happy when she has a proper tail again. Apart from the two new feathers, it's very damaged from Janet's assertions at roosting time. Now there are more roosts and youngsters to chivvy, Janet leaves her alone.

At least the Araucanas are laying well and I'm glad it's cooled down, what a relief it must be.

I'll read your thread in a minute and catch up on the integration.
We are just jogging along now. I'll give the new girls another week or so then I'll let the Aracaunas wyandottes into the run with the others. The campines will have to wait till they calm down & become a little more tractable. :lol:

Sandy fans will be pleased to hear she's grown a couple of new tail feathers :) no photos yet because they're in the thick of her tail. I'll be happy when she has a proper tail again. Apart from the two new feathers, it's very damaged from Janet's assertions at roosting time. Now there are more roosts and youngsters to chivvy, Janet leaves her alone.
That is very good news!

Peggy laid her Monday egg wighin 45 minutes of waking up.

Meanwhile Ivy continues to dodge the older hens and tries to work out what a nest is for. She's not escaping as much as she used to. And when she does escape she knows the routine for getting back in and she's getting quicker about it to avoid cuddles.

Charlie suffered a cuddle under duress yesterday. :D She gets all flappy and panicky and she's 3-4kg of chook! But when I put her down, she doesn't run off. She just stands there and lets me pat her for another minute.

We are just jogging along now. I'll give the new girls another week or so then I'll let the Aracaunas wyandottes into the run with the others. The campines will have to wait till they calm down & become a little more tractable. :lol:
I'm looking forward to the Araucanas and Wyandottes going into the run :)

Back
Top Bottom