MJ's little flock

I started getting my first gray hairs in high school. I would pull them out wherever they appeared. After awhile I was noticing bald spots from pulling too many out. I decided then the gray/white hairs were the lessor evil.

I have totally white/silver hair for the past few years and I learned to love it. I used to cut my hair very short (with clipper) to avoid spending $$$ to have it trimmed. Now I let it grow as long as it wants. It's halfway down my back.

But, have always had very thin, straight hair. Can't braid it, it won't hold a curl. When it first started switching to gray, I actually had some slight curls. I was overjoyed. But, it's still mostly straight and thin. Better some hair than none, I've decided.

I started getting my first gray hairs in high school. I would pull them out wherever they appeared. After awhile I was noticing bald spots from pulling too many out. I decided then the gray/white hairs were the lessor evil.

I have totally white/silver hair for the past few years and I learned to love it. I used to cut my hair very short (with clipper) to avoid spending $$$ to have it trimmed. Now I let it grow as long as it wants. It's halfway down my back.

But, have always had very thin, straight hair. Can't braid it, it won't hold a curl. When it first started switching to gray, I actually had some slight curls. I was overjoyed. But, it's still mostly straight and thin. Better some hair than none, I've decided.
I am so ready for grey hair. I wish i were a man so I didn't feel obliged to consider such trivialities as my hair colour.

I'm not up to reeducating the whole world about beauty expectation and how it's mostly a burden and cost for women.

I have promised my hairdresser that as soon as I am fully grey she can put a purple streak in it - but until then no covering up the grey.
Now my hairdresser has heard me say hooray to no colouring, I'm hoping she can understand me a little better. I'm less and less inclined to accomodate her preference.

I've also seen women who have shaved heads and really rock that look. They have beautiful features and it really showcases that.
I discussed shaving it off and she was mortified.

If i were less concerned with valuing the people I interact with, I'd go elsewhere.

I am so ready for grey hair. I wish i were a man so I didn't feel obliged to consider such trivialities as my hair colour.

I'm not up to reeducating the whole world about beauty expectation and how it's mostly a burden and cost for women.
It has always been your choice. Mrs BY Bob hardly wears makeup at all. A little lip gloss. She is vain about her hair, her choice, I'm good either way.

You're problem is not men, it's other women. If none of you did it, we would adapt, trust me.

I haven't worn makeup in years. In high school I suddenly got allergic to the same brand eye makeup I always used. So I stopped using it. At that age everything seems to be life and death.

But I survived and tried the hypo allergenic brand of makeup. Not great but somewhat better. I could tolerate the makeup for about an hour before it started itching and aggravating me.

Finally decided I didn't need it. If people didn't like it - too bad. I find I like to smile and do it a lot- people usually smile back. A little thing like that can lift the spirits.

Back
Top Bottom