MJ's little flock

Yesterday, I felt like the only person in Australia who was happy when hair appointments went down to 30 minutes because I've been trying to convince my hairdresser that I want to be grey for about two years now. When she called to ask if I wanted to do a colour yesterday before the 30 minute limit came into force, I told her this was our chance to embrace the grey! She said that's awesome, seeing a positive in it. I was so relieved and happy!

First news story to hit my eye this morning: 30 minute restriction is lifted
🤦‍♀️
I quit playing a long time ago. My hair is past my waist & a bit like a tabby cat's just now ~ all shades between white red & yellowish brown. Eventually I am hoping for a serene single shade of white.

I haven't worn makeup in years. In high school I suddenly got allergic to the same brand eye makeup I always used. So I stopped using it. At that age everything seems to be life and death.

But I survived and tried the hypo allergenic brand of makeup. Not great but somewhat better. I could tolerate the makeup for about an hour before it started itching and aggravating me.

Finally decided I didn't need it. If people didn't like it - too bad. I find I like to smile and do it a lot- people usually smile back. A little thing like that can lift the spirits.
Nothing more beautiful than a woman with a great smile, except maybe a leghorn. :gig
2016-07-17_09-04-57.jpg

Yesterday, I felt like the only person in Australia who was happy when hair appointments went down to 30 minutes because I've been trying to convince my hairdresser that I want to be grey for about two years now. When she called to ask if I wanted to do a colour yesterday before the 30 minute limit came into force, I told her this was our chance to embrace the grey! She said that's awesome, seeing a positive in it. I was so relieved and happy!

First news story to hit my eye this morning: 30 minute restriction is lifted
🤦‍♀️

Good for you, embracing the grey! I’m not ready to embrace it yet... ;)

Good evening folks :frow
Good evening everyone 😊
Good morning :frow hope all is well with you two. I was just checking today's covid19 updates for SA and a 50yo man was admitted to intensive care overnight, seems young to me. Also about half of the new cases are from a cruise ship that was known to be a vector and was allowed to dock in Sydney 🤦‍♀️ eg There's a couple from the UK stranded in an Adelaide airbnb because they disembarked from that ship and came here while contagious but not symptomatic, and they've got no Australian phone (the ABC journalist got one for them) and a good samaritan is dropping food at the end of their driveway once a day.

I started getting my first gray hairs in high school. I would pull them out wherever they appeared. After awhile I was noticing bald spots from pulling too many out. I decided then the gray/white hairs were the lessor evil.

I have totally white/silver hair for the past few years and I learned to love it. I used to cut my hair very short (with clipper) to avoid spending $$$ to have it trimmed. Now I let it grow as long as it wants. It's halfway down my back.

But, have always had very thin, straight hair. Can't braid it, it won't hold a curl. When it first started switching to gray, I actually had some slight curls. I was overjoyed. But, it's still mostly straight and thin. Better some hair than none, I've decided.
LOL.. So true from the guy with none :)

Back
Top Bottom