MJ's little flock

Yes, they don't cope real well with some of our slang though I found the east~enders where more likely to get it.:lol:
I read somewhere that only the English and the Australians use slang. Slang is not to be confused with regional sayings and pronunciation. Not quite sure how slang is defined.

Going by our power outages and your compensation rates I would have another 100 chicken coops built by now.:lol:
It's something the government put into the deal when they sold our electricity infrastructure to the highest bidder. There's no compensation if electricity's out for less than 24 hours, but it escalates after that. So they restore power to the biggest patches first. We were a tiny patch, only 30 homes, so they left us til last.

I read somewhere that only the English and the Australians use slang. Slang is not to be confused with regional sayings and pronunciation. Not quite sure how slang is defined.
m/Websters says: an informal nonstandard vocabulary composed typically of coinages, arbitrarily changed words, and extravagant, forced, or facetious figures of speech...
Not sure that really helps. Rhyming slang is downright peculiar & true Aussie slang is almost incomprehensible to outsiders. It's almost its own language. Sadly we are loosing that uniqueness with the Americanisation of the world through the media.

Good evening folks :frow

Actually yes, an eye-roll emoji in the ‘like’ emojis would be good. Who can we give that feedback to, @rjohns39?
You can make the suggestion here but I'm not sure how customizable it is.
They are saying August 11 for ‘most people’. It was a pretty destructive storm. Most of the roads near me are still closed and wires are down all over.
So sorry RC, didn't realize you're part of the 1.4 million without power. I have several co-workers right there with you. Hope they move faster than planned.
The worst outage I've ever had was 3 days and everyone on the street received $700 in compensation.
Your government did it much better than ours. No compensation here.

Language is such a fun thing, as well as a regional thing.

Back
Top Bottom