MJ's little flock

After beating me up this morning (don't worry the bruises aren't too bad this morning ;)), Mrs BY Bob brought me breakfast in bed. Scrambled eggs with bacon, broccoli, and cheese with sourdough toast. The coffee mug has Fangio's F1 dominating Alfa Romeo on it.
View attachment 2340175
Ah! It's like a quiche without pastry! And the colours on the plate are lovely.

Ivy has now spent her second night on the nest without any eggs to sit on. When she gets up this afternoon, I'll give her a plate of mash in the henhouse by herself to keep her food intake up and I'll take any new eggs away again.

Is this ok? Or should I be trying harder to dissuade her? My only concern is her own health and wellbeing.

After beating me up this morning (don't worry the bruises aren't too bad this morning ;)), Mrs BY Bob brought me breakfast in bed. Scrambled eggs with bacon, broccoli, and cheese with sourdough toast. The coffee mug has Fangio's F1 dominating Alfa Romeo on it.
View attachment 2340175
That looks very nice.

Ivy has now spent her second night on the nest without any eggs to sit on. When she gets up this afternoon, I'll give her a plate of mash in the henhouse by herself to keep her food intake up and I'll take any new eggs away again.

Is this ok? Or should I be trying harder to dissuade her? My only concern is her own health and wellbeing.
So long as she is eating, drinking, pooping & getting some exercise I think she'll be fine. I usually try & dissuade mine simply because I have more hens & they tend to set each other off plus I hate them mucking up the nest boxes & denying access to layers.

So long as she is eating, drinking, pooping & getting some exercise I think she'll be fine. I usually try & dissuade mine simply because I have more hens & they tend to set each other off plus I hate them mucking up the nest boxes & denying access to layers.
The nest she's sitting on is the one they all use, but it's a double berth so there's still enough room for the others to lay their eggs.

I'll give her a few more days then I'll check her over carefully. If she seems healthy and still wants to sit, that will be ok. But if I think she's a but poorly, I'll intervene.

This morning's breakfast is the same as yesterday's except I ate Mary's eggs and I'm using the Meakin pink rose teacup.

IMG20200920080157.jpg

I almost forgot to take the photo!

On the table but not shown in the photo are a dirty teatowel, a cake plate, a wicker basket, a toothbrush holder, a tiny tupperware box without its lid, an empty jam jar, a small ceramic tray, and spare specs. The paper beyond the teapot describes Canton, which is a privacy-providing variarion of blockchain technology. I told its writers I'd read it and provide my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom