MJ's little flock

This morning's breakfast is the same as yesterday's except I ate Mary's eggs and I'm using the Meakin pink rose teacup.

View attachment 2340837

I almost forgot to take the photo!

On the table but not shown in the photo are a dirty teatowel, a cake plate, a wicker basket, a toothbrush holder, a tiny tupperware box without its lid, an empty jam jar, a small ceramic tray, and spare specs. The paper beyond the teapot describes Canton, which is a privacy-providing variarion of blockchain technology. I told its writers I'd read it and provide my opinion.
But of course! Self editing is essential or all our bad habits would be all over the internet.
Looks so lovely! 😍

Ivy has now spent her second night on the nest without any eggs to sit on. When she gets up this afternoon, I'll give her a plate of mash in the henhouse by herself to keep her food intake up and I'll take any new eggs away again.

Is this ok? Or should I be trying harder to dissuade her? My only concern is her own health and wellbeing.
It's ok for a while. I let Maleficent sit over a week to see if she would be serious about it to no ill effect.

The nest she's sitting on is the one they all use, but it's a double berth so there's still enough room for the others to lay their eggs.

I'll give her a few more days then I'll check her over carefully. If she seems healthy and still wants to sit, that will be ok. But if I think she's a but poorly, I'll intervene.
Solid strategy.

This morning's breakfast is the same as yesterday's except I ate Mary's eggs and I'm using the Meakin pink rose teacup.

View attachment 2340837

I almost forgot to take the photo!

On the table but not shown in the photo are a dirty teatowel, a cake plate, a wicker basket, a toothbrush holder, a tiny tupperware box without its lid, an empty jam jar, a small ceramic tray, and spare specs. The paper beyond the teapot describes Canton, which is a privacy-providing variarion of blockchain technology. I told its writers I'd read it and provide my opinion.
Just wonderful.

I think I have joined the broody club.

Pepper has been in the nesting box for the last 5 hours fluffed up like a fluffy, angry pancake.
There were 3 eggs under her when I checked, including one of her own.:hmm

Anyway, here is today's haul. After the two weird eggs that Edwina laid yesterday, her egg today looks perfectly normal.

IMG20200920124649.jpg

(notice my heavily edited desk where i have moved all the mess out of shot. 😁)

Ivy has not come off the nest at all today :( she must be hungry by now. Maybe she'll get up early tomorrow.

She allowed me to remove two eggs: Mary's and Peggy's.

For what it's worth, if Mary lays an egg tomorrow she will have regained the laying honours with 13 eggs in 13 days.

Back
Top Bottom