MJ's little flock

Mhari gets like that. Alpia too. Each hen is different. Wrold is a pancake firecracker. :lau I take it putting her on the roost @ night has not discouraged her?
I think Peggy would have taken my hands off if I gave her half a chance!

Mhari gets like that. Alpia too. Each hen is different. Wrold is a pancake firecracker. :lau I take it putting her on the roost @ night has not discouraged her?
The situation isn't that desperate yet. For now, I'm leaving her be except for making sure she's taking some sustenance.

Good morning folks :frow I've not had too terrible of an issue with my hens, but my turkeys are a whole other story. Since they hiss we call them snakes. They will steel all the chicken eggs and guard them. If you reach for them with your hand, you'll get a terrible bite. They are ruthless.... But they do get up and get food and water once a day. But it's entirely on their schedule. When collecting eggs it takes two people. One to shoo them off the nest and keep them occupied and one to grab the eggs.

Ok. I'm calling it. There is officially too much broodiness at our house.

IMG20200925075829.jpg

Oh thanks. Because I've broken with conventional wisdom I'm worried about her survival.

I've started placing her on my lap while she comes around. It gives me a chance to consider her weight and it seems to bring her around sooner.
Plus.......CUDDLES!!!!!!!! 🥰

If tried to even pet Sydney she fought like a banshee! Maleficent as well. I did not encounter the trance.

Ok. I'm calling it. There is officially too much broodiness at our house.

View attachment 2346898
😆 🤣 😂 that is cuteness overload!

"I don't get what the fuss is about? I lay around all day without moving and she doesn't pick me up and make sure that I eat? Maybe if I sit in here I get extra cuddles and food"

Back
Top Bottom