MJ's little flock

Ok well, with my previous pattern of waking her, she was eating twice, drinking, pooping, bathng, and flapping with a screech per session, with a session morning and night.

I can't destroy her nest because it's everyone's nest (except for Janet, who's a little flexible about where she lays).

In the past when hens were broody, I put them on the roost at night which is in the henhouse (the nest is not in the henhouse). Two nights of roosting was enough for Peggy to quit. However Peggy fought me so hard I was doing her a cruelty, and that's why I'm trying gentler interventions with Ivy.

For now, I'll return to my previous pattern of ensuring she has time off the nest twice a day for sustenance and bathing.
I think you are ok for a while yet. When it gets to 21 days I would get more aggressive in trying to break her myself. As long as she is healthy I don't think you are doing any harm trying to break her slowly.

I think you are ok for a while yet. When it gets to 21 days I would get more aggressive in trying to break her myself. As long as she is healthy I don't think you are doing any harm trying to break her slowly.
I was thinking that too. I thought if she's still broody at 23 days, I'll put her on the roost at night.

Nolia. She's moulting along with the rest. She's a bit miserable but not making a drama out of it.
P9280013.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom