MJ's little flock

I have never heard of that. Where do you get it?
Tractor Supply has it but so do PetCo and places like that. I think Chewy has it too. It is called Feline Pine (there may be other brands). People use it in horse stalls as well.
I have never had trouble with tracking sawdust - though I do have mats so that may be why. I like it because of the smell (not chemical smell like the clay I used to use) and because it is more environmentally friendly.
I actually use the used litter as mulch around trees out in the field to protect them from the mower and over time improve the soil and when I am too lazy to make that trek I put it on the compost heap.

We used to use those but then the cats would track the sawdust through the house, so we stopped using them.
Interesting - I never had that issue. I did have that issue with clay where there were little clay footprints up the stairs from the basement!
I have put mats (old carpet) like doormats that the cats have to walk across to wipe their feet and that helps - but I did that before switching to pine.

Good morning all. 🌞

Good morning Bob 😊

We had that when I was young but the last two times here have been very mild. The chickens have really missed out. 🤣

Since moving to Tennessee , we haven't had but a few🤔 don't know when they will show up in bunches - hopefully never!!

OK, I have a very unrelated question.
Ever since Ben has been gone, Jaffar has been the top rooster, but because he's been ill lately,
my alpha hen Beetov-Hen has been getting mean :rant Really mean :mad:.
Every time I hold any of the other birds, she goes into attack mode. SheI will try to attack who ever I'm holding. She bit me twice this morning, while I was holding Roxy. Canna is too afraid to be near her in the coop. (Jaffar is getting better by the way)
So my question: What do I do about "The beautiful, (but angry), Beetov-Hen?

Ever since Ben has been gone, Jaffar has been the top rooster, but because he's been ill lately,
Every time I hold any of the other birds, she goes into attack mode. SheI will try to attack who ever I'm holding. She bit me twice this morning, while I was holding Roxy. Canna is too afraid to be near her in the coop. (Jaffar is getting better by the way)
First let me say how excited I am that Jaffar is getting better.

I believe that Beetov-hen is picking up for Jaffar and feels that you are an interloper in the flock. She is defending them from you. Do you pick up Beetov-hen as well?

My suggestion would be to let the flock dynamics play out. As Jaffar returns to his old role I would bet that she calms down.

With the two roosters removed she is able to both pick up the slack and bully others. It is quite likely that Jaffar and Ben kept her in line.

I believe that Beetov-hen is picking up for Jaffar and feels that you are an interloper in the flock. She is defending them from you. Do you pick up Beetov-hen as well?

My suggestion would be to let the flock dynamics play out. As Jaffar returns to his old role I would bet that she calms down.

With the two roosters removed she is able to both pick up the slack and bully others. It is quite likely that Jaffar and Ben kept her in line.
Beetov-Hen never liked to be held, or picked up. But she's always been by my side, through everything.
I despise pecking orders, and my latest "Flock Dynamics" Especially the bullying.

I am so glad Jaffar is getting better. Do you think he can restore decorum?

I really must learn to read ahead. Ignore my post!

Back
Top Bottom