MJ's little flock

In worst case scenarios, there can be 5 different sections. I doubt so many will ever be needed but I can imagine growing weeds in one section at a time for the chooks to graze on, and I can imagine using sections when integrating newcomers.
That is exactly what I do with the two open runs in The Chicken Palace - I close one off and sow it with meadow weeds and then open it up for them and swap over to the other one.
I have discovered they destroy a run full of weeks very quickly!

That is exactly what I do with the two open runs in The Chicken Palace - I close one off and sow it with meadow weeds and then open it up for them and swap over to the other one.
Yay weeds!! Nom nom nom

Where did all the weeds go? *poop*

Good afternoon Sue. How is your day going?

My day been okay, had a video appointment with my Neuro doctor, he said all looks good. He said in 3 months get a CT, then 6months another angiogram I think and the another CT in a year. Another big change was the Neuro--Psych testing for tomorrow 😜. This should be a very interesting morning. Thanks for asking 🤗

I'm a slow walker and getting slower with time! I take two beach walks a week with a friend who was stressed out by sports as a child and then bullied for it within her family (some people... Sheesh!) anyway she finds my easy pace very reassuring and she likes that I don't chase personal bests. Actually, I chase PBs a lot in my work but not on a beach walk. Why spoil such a delightful moment with dissatisfaction?

I have always been a fast walker until now. I love to walk and explore or just walk to clear my mind.

You've probably explained it before, if so I'm sorry for asking you to repeat yourself, but what is the floorplan of the chicken complex at your house?

If we go from your coop: theres the bit under the coop, and the bit that extends back behind the coop on the ramp side, so the other side of the U must be at the other end of the coop? Have I got that right? Why did you choose a U instead of a square or rectangle?
Let me draw it out for you. I'll post a drawing in a bit. I have plans but not a sky view of the complex.

You've probably explained it before, if so I'm sorry for asking you to repeat yourself, but what is the floorplan of the chicken complex at your house?

If we go from your coop: theres the bit under the coop, and the bit that extends back behind the coop on the ramp side, so the other side of the U must be at the other end of the coop? Have I got that right? Why did you choose a U instead of a square or rectangle?
Ok. See the attached drawing and I will try to explain it.

20201019_204548.jpg

Remember that everything starts with run. It is all run space as the coop and porch are both elevated. I can segregate the big run from the coop & extension by dropping a door down which blocks off the extension.

The complex is a "U" because of the Birch Tree which shades the coop and run in the summer.

In worst case scenarios, there can be 5 different sections. I doubt so many will ever be needed but I can imagine growing weeds in one section at a time for the chooks to graze on, and I can imagine using sections when integrating newcomers.
That is way more flexible than mine but I bet it is much larger than mine.

Thanks human rooster, nom, nom, nom, scratch, scratch, scratch, nom, nom, nom. All done.

Ok. See the attached drawing and I will try to explain it.

View attachment 2379566

Remember that everything starts with run. It is all run space as the coop and porch are both elevated. I can segregate the big run from the coop & extension by dropping a door down which blocks off the extension.

The complex is a "U" because of the Birch Tree which shades the coop and run in the summer.
Oh! It all makes sense now. Very nice. And some of the video from when Nee and Lucky were small and learning to go up the ramp make more sense to me now.

Back
Top Bottom