MJ's little flock

I warn you though they make quite a mess eating it. They flick it around everywhere and mine keep wiping their beaks on my boots to clean it off.
I discovered the best way to give it is as a summer treat - I freeze it with some kitchen scraps inside and then they peck away at the frozen lump. It freezes more like ice-cream than water so it is a good pecking consistency!
Oooh, nice tip RC! I never thought of freezing yoghurt and we are heading into summer here. 🥰

I'm having issues with the receptionist at my work. She thinks she's the office manager and she has always had it out for me since day 1. She has verbally attacked me twice, completely unprovoked. This time she questioned our boss (and business owner) about my pay and time off.

He promptly put her in her place about how it's none of her business and he has everything tracked and documented. He ultimately had her apologize to me, even though I did not accept it. After this all went down and it was just he and I (I'm a technician for an eye doctor) he stated that I am a more important staff member to him and that if I can find a replacement for her, he'll fire her.

I do not take joy in someone losing their job, but I also will not stand to be abused by anyone. I left an extremely abusive (mental, emotional, and physical) marriage after 13 years with nothing but the clothes on my back. I promised to myself that I would never allow someone to degrade me again. My life moto has become, Do no harm but take no shit.
Brilliant motto CCCL.

It will be her own behaviour that lost her her job if her attitude doesn't improve.

I hope a wonderfully, pleasant and efficient replacement pops out of the woodwork and falls at your feet very soon. (Figuratively speaking)

Janet has had it up to her comb with Peggy. For a couple of weeks, Janet has tolerated Peggy's bad mood, but a moment ago, she put her foot down and chased Peggy all around the yard.

Peggy's had it coming. Mary is carrying a big bald patch on her head from where Peggy ripped out about a dozen of those little head feathers in one go.
Here's a photo of Mary's bald patch. It runs further around the back of her head than you can tell from this angle.

On the other side of her head, she's missing a beakful of feathers from above her eye 😬 which would've been a very close call.

Peggy's not so nasty today. I think it helped that Janet told her off.

IMG20201031184539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom