MJ's little flock

Peggy has her follow up tomorrow morning :fl I'm hoping for a positive outcome. I've switched the whole flock over to the pellets Mark recommended (much to their disappointment) and I've been grinding up the supplements, adding them to the dinner mashes, with one teaspoon of cottage cheese among all four hens. I've also been giving Peggy her clavulox on cheese, which is going really well. She gets a complete dose every day.

I'm going to ask him if they can go back on se17enteen because they love it. I've got the nutritional profile at the ready. And I'm going to ask about providing hay for forage through summer when all the grasses die back.

View attachment 2424521
She is a splendid looking hen. Wonderful photo of her. 🥰

Mr. Unnamed probably should get a name soon. Should he not?
He's supposed to be dead.:(
Truth is I haven't got the heart for any more killing unless it's absolutely necessary.
I'm not fussed if I never eat chicken again. The main house buy chicken from the butchers.
He's no trouble. His sister still plays with him. The rest of the hens seem to be happy enough with him. Punch and Mag keep him in line on the odd occasions he gets a bit boisterous.
So, yes, I should name him and hope that Spring doesn't change him too much.
I'll get on it today. He'll have a name by roost time. You're quite right. Everybody should have a name.

Truth is I haven't got the heart for any more killing unless it's absolutely necessary.
I'm not fussed if I never eat chicken again. The main house buy chicken from the butchers.
He's no trouble. His sister still plays with him. The rest of the hens seem to be happy enough with him. Punch and Mag keep him in line on the odd occasions he gets a bit boisterous.
I'll get on it today. He'll have a name by roost time. You're quite right. Everybody should have a name.
Thank you. I believe that he has earned the right to a name simply by not causing trouble. I look forward to learning what we will be calling him moving forward. :D I realize you are not doing this for me but I feel better knowing that he will have a name now.

What a lovely post. I think in all honesty he has a name, he just hasn't shared it with you yet.

Peggy has her follow up tomorrow morning :fl I'm hoping for a positive outcome. I've switched the whole flock over to the pellets Mark recommended (much to their disappointment) and I've been grinding up the supplements, adding them to the dinner mashes, with one teaspoon of cottage cheese among all four hens. I've also been giving Peggy her clavulox on cheese, which is going really well. She gets a complete dose every day.

I'm going to ask him if they can go back on se17enteen because they love it. I've got the nutritional profile at the ready. And I'm going to ask about providing hay for forage through summer when all the grasses die back.

View attachment 2424521
Can you explain (because I missed it I guess) what food the vet put them on, and why it is special?
If you take Peggy off the special food, won’t she get sick again?
I’m a little confused about that?

This is Link.
Much to his horror, I picked him up, told him what his name is to be and then fed him some walnut.
Thanks Bob. Sometimes we all need reminding to do the right thing.
PB250154.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom