MJ's little flock

I've just checked on the hens and they're doing really well under the misting. Only Mary was panting and she was sitting on the esky ice block too. I put fresh ice cubes in their water just in case they need it.

The thermometer said 32C in the henhouse, but it's 39.2C outside.
That is an impressive temperature difference. 32C is under 90F which is hot, but a routine temperature here in the summer so I have some appreciation of that.

This morning's broccoli, bacon, and cheese omelet. :drool
20201127_103703.jpg

I've just checked on the hens and they're doing really well under the misting. Only Mary was panting and she was sitting on the esky ice block too. I put fresh ice cubes in their water just in case they need it.

The thermometer said 32C in the henhouse, but it's 39.2C outside.
Bear in mind that a chickens core body temp is 41C. If the ambient temp is above that it is impossible for them to transfer heat from their bodies to the environment.
Ice cubes etc will not help much in this condition and they need to be in deep shade ideally.

Bear in mind that a chickens core body temp is 41C. If the ambient temp is above that it is impossible for them to transfer heat from their bodies to the environment.
Ice cubes etc will not help much in this condition and they need to be in deep shade ideally.

I’m thinking of digging my girls some bunkers so that the earth is able to give them some insulation. It’s meant to be 39C here today.

What has been reported is that he said he picked up a pizza from the pizza house which had the health officials thinking he caught it from the box, so anyone with a puzza from the same shop could've caught it too. When in fact he'd been working there in close contact with a security from the medi-hotel who also worked at the pizza place. They'd been working side by side for two weeks.

That's what we've all been told.

Why lie about working in a pizza house? My friends and I think maybe he wasn't officially employed at the pizza house, eg cash in hand instead of tax paying, and didn't want to be caught out.

Anyway there's a task force now combing through the relevant legislation to throw the book at him.

His lies have caused tens of millions of dollars loss to our local economy and countless other harms to ordinary peolle trying to do their best for everyone.
Geez ,remind me to not eat out! (Especially pizza) Thanks for the heads up MJ

Geez ,remind me to not eat out! (Especially pizza) Thanks for the heads up MJ
As long as your health folks have not listed a restaurant as a hot spot, you should be ok.

And if a health person asks you where you've been, don't keep anything back. Being less than truthful in a pandemic is not very excusable.

Back
Top Bottom