MJ's little flock

It's been blissful!

I even went out for lunch and a bit of a rummage around the market yesterday. Found myself a new old teacup and was given a tarnished old EPNS coffee pot and creamer. Can't wait to give them a bicarb soda hot bath and see how they come up.

View attachment 2430146

View attachment 2430159

I'll do a before/after shot for ACM :D shame the hinge on the coffee pot is wonky.
They are lovely MJ.

Thanks for thinking of me! 🤗

Thanks! I was really worried about them over the weekend, it was so hot! They looked so stressed and I didn’t want to give them a cool bath in case it stressed them even more. I’ve also put the shade cloth back up in the run and also put a bamboo fence panel behind the favoured henhouse, to deflect the heat from the fence.
Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Great job!

It is always best to select the best possible spot to drop your poo. I'm glad to see Mary is taking it seriously. Poor Ivy. I hope she is getting up on her own this time. Someday she will make a great mum. 🥰
If I had a safer environment for chicks, I'd get her a half dozen eggs. She's very good at getting up nowadays ( :hit because she doesn't need me to pick her up (and cuddle her))

Last edited:
I went and got myself tested for covid yesterday. The nasal swab was worse than the throat swab. Not at all painful but uncomfortable and astoundingly deeper than I thought possible. Anyway I'm still in isolation while waiting for the results. The team at the testing station loved the Saint Nicola sticker I put on the car :D Nicola is the name of the person running SA's public health response to the pandemic.

I went and got myself tested for covid yesterday. The nasal swab was worse than the throat swab. Not at all painful but uncomfortable and astoundingly deeper than I thought possible. Anyway I'm still in isolation while waiting for the results. The team at the testing station loved the Saint Nicola sticker I put on the car :D Nicola is the name of the person running SA's public health response to the pandemic.
Why did you need to get tested MJ? I didn't think you had been out and about much.

Back
Top Bottom