MJ's little flock

I am going to owe a lot of chicken tax on this one. :lau

The Irish & Britons & Scotti all practised religious rites involving water. So you will find swords, daggers, shields, torcs broken & put in water as sacrifices to their god/esses. Sometimes you will find bodies, like the most famous Lindow Man. As areas dry they become bogs rather than lakes or pools or rivers. I can't give you the exact science but the minerals & salts tan the skin & preserve the bodies.

Lindow Man was probably a human sacrifice: young, well groomed, well fed, healthy [possibly a druid]. The contents of his stomach contained a burnt porridge mix. His hair had been trimmed with scissors. He suffered the 3`fold death [hence why he is considered a sacrifice].

You can look him up on~line & a famous Celtic scholar has written a whole book on what was discovered about him. It is interesting reading if you aren't too squeamish.

I'm going to have to look that up!! I find that extremely interesting!

East or west coast? The Vikings owned part of what is now east Scotland @ one time so you could very easily have Norse blood.
I'll need to remember this when I decide I need to become Chinese. All I need is eight pints of blood from a Chinaman and I'm sorted.:p:lol:

Last edited:
Actually I thought that was common knowledge...Ever since the Lewis chess pieces were unearthed...Quite a bit of Scotland was Norse @ one time. :oops: I only ever seem to know the most useless things.
P1190111.JPG

I love bog bodies. ...Well, that came out sounding rather gruesome. 🤔

I mean, along with the Ice Man and the Andean mummies, they are so well preserved that we can learn such a lot from them about what everyday life was like for the people then. It is a window to the past. 🤗

I'm afraid I do too. :hugsThey give us such a window into the past.

I'm going to have to look that up!! I find that extremely interesting!

When it comes to history, this is my area. :D I dislike the Medieval Period in the extreme & fail to find anything remotely interesting after the so called Dark Ages. This is a lovely period! :lol: The art is fantastic! The housing interesting & the monoliths fascinating. Plus they were super smart ~ much smarter than we are & across multiple disciplines.

Back
Top Bottom