MJ's little flock

Sounds like you may need to get a treadle feeder MJ.
Once the top is on the run the wildbirds won't get a look in.

I'll have to think about mice for a while though. I was looking at the water jars last night and I think they'd work as food containers. And if I hang them on those chains rodents can't climb, they won't have an easy path to the food. They'll need to use a ladder or something.

This is what I did with my dogs, then progressed to closely supervised free range time together. Now the chooks will walk up to the dogs and drive them away from their bones.
The dogs know where they are in the pecking order!

View attachment 2540487
I could get a leghorn! She'd sort Peggy out. But would she be kind and gentle towards Mary?

What a lovely sandy spot! I bet it's the best for dust-bathing! :love
It is, the house was built on sand. So there's dust bathing to be had all over.

That spot has been dug out in preparation to weedmat, proper soil and turf. There wont be much turf, just enough for me to lie down on on a balmy evening 🤗

It is, the house was built on sand. So there's dust bathing to be had all over.

That spot has been dug out in preparation to weedmat, proper soil and turf. There wont be much turf, just enough for me to lie down on on a balmy evening 🤗
What a wonderful idea........a balmy night. 🌴 🌴 🌴 🌛 🌴 🌴 🌴

That soil looks great for dustbathing MJ but looks very impoverished. Do you mulch your garden beds?
It's impoverished. I don't mulch that patch. Other parts are mulched.

I'll just take a moment to explain that the house and garden are unfinished. I know about stuff like garage dimensions, mulching, managing water run off, raised beds etc etc, all that stuff because it's impossible to get to my age and not know it. But as the place was dilapidated when I moved in, there are recently finished projecrs, half finished projects, and future projects everywhere. It's not because I need hints or help. It's because it's expensive and time consuming but extraordinarily satisfying. Also, I don't rush it because I don't need to.

It's impoverished. I don't mulch that patch. Other parts are mulched.

I'll just take a moment to explain that the house and garden are unfinished. I know about stuff like garage dimensions, mulching, managing water run off, raised beds etc etc, all that stuff because it's impossible to get to my age and not know it. But as the place was dilapidated when I moved in, there are recently finished projecrs, half finished projects, and future projects everywhere. It's not because I need hints or help. It's because it's expensive and time consuming but extraordinarily satisfying. Also, I don't rush it because I don't need to.
Sorry for the long paragaph! :oops::smack

Back
Top Bottom