MJ's little flock

Gorgeous! How often are you on the lookout for pasty butt?

They are in my living room and I look at them every time I walk past. 😊

I've never had problems with pasty butt, thankfully. I do feed medicated starter right from day 1, and every other day for the first week the get water with hydra-hen in iI. That's a prebiotic, probiotic, acidifier, and electrolytes all in one.

They are in my living room and I look at them every time I walk past. 😊

I've never had problems with pasty butt, thankfully. I do feed medicated starter right from day 1, and every other day for the first week the get water with hydra-hen in iI. That's a prebiotic, probiotic, acidifier, and electrolytes all in one.
You have this down. 👍

Infected and molting is no way to go through life. Poor baby. I just want to hug her but it would hurt so here ar l is a virtual one. :hugs
I know, although I'm confident the antibiotics have helped her a lot. I was an hour later than usual last night, late finish at work and I hit the traffic. Anyway, I jumped out of the car and ran to let the hens out for some free time before the light faded much more. Janet was so keen she FLEW towards me, which was astonishing given the state of her feathers. On that evidence, I saying there's not much wrong with her she can't handle.

Alice is really looking good! Still a way to go, but she's not scary-bald any more.

Well, Janet's back feathers are a bit sparse on her and a bit thick on the ground. But I'm excited to see her flight feathers growing in! They'd been cut back before I met her. For the first time since we met, she's not laying.

View attachment 2100171

Mary seems to be at the end of her moult. Perhaps there are a few butt fluffs to drop out and regrow, but otherwise she's looking pretty good. If last winter is any indication, she won't be laying til Spring.

View attachment 2100172

Peggy and Ivy don't seem to be moulting, but maybe they're replacing just a few feathers. Every now and then I see one of Ivy's downy feathers on the ground.

All four are eating well. Lots of manufactured food, both pellets and grain mix, lots of foraging, and one shared treat each day. They're not thrilled by these new pellets we're trying, but they're nibbling at them in a mash with their grain mixed in.

Here's Ivy making her daily Jacaranda inspection :love

View attachment 2100174
Ah hah!!

I found this old post confirming Janet gave up laying last time she moulted!

I could've sworn she'd never stopped laying. Funny how unreliabe my memory is. I'll probably forget all about this post by the time I get home from work :gig

Back
Top Bottom