MJ's little flock

It's great that you knew someone. This contractor actually had done good work for someone they knew well. But he got a bigger better paying job that had to be done immediately and just dropped my daughter like a hot potato.
So unprofessional.

That's the thing isn't it. Even though I knew Ned and Lucky went somewhere great to live, even better than my house, it was still sad.
I remember.

So, I'm just planning ahead for my own ease as much as anything else.

The good news is I watched maybe 30 videos of appenzellers on YouTube last night and I didn't hear anything too loud. And I reached out to someone on byc who keeps them and she said one of hers makes loud screeches like a parrot, while the others are quiet. I'd like more info from the breeder (maybe her flock is quiet?) and then if needs be, I'll discuss it with the neighbours. They might not mind, especially if the kids get to see the chicks. There's already a loud cockatoo in a cage over the back fences and quite loud dogs further along.

I remember.

The good news is I watched maybe 30 videos of appenzellers on YouTube last night and I didn't hear anything too loud. And I reached out to someone on byc who keeps them and she said one of hers makes loud screeches like a parrot, while the others are quiet. I'd like more info from the breeder (maybe her flock is quiet?) and then if needs be, I'll discuss it with the neighbours. They might not mind, especially if the kids get to see the chicks. There's already a loud cockatoo in a cage over the back fences and quite loud dogs further along.
I would think you'd be fine. People live with yapping dogs, sirens, trucks, motor bikes... even the loudest hen is more pleasant than any of that.

I would think you'd be fine. People live with yapping dogs, sirens, trucks, motor bikes... even the loudest hen is more pleasant than any of that.
I wouldn't have a problem with a loud hen, but I'd rather make friends than enemies. Also, I'm confident they'll say yes if I put it to them the right way and then they'll have some ownership of the decision. It's important to me that the people I share fences with are happy.

I wouldn't have a problem with a loud hen, but I'd rather make friends than enemies. Also, I'm confident they'll say yes if I put it to them the right way and then they'll have some ownership of the decision. It's important to me that the people I share fences with are happy.
Definitely keep the neighbours happy. :) I just meant there are plenty of worse sounds in an urban setting than a noisy hen or 2.

I remember.

Your taking an excellent approach to this. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom