MJ's little flock

I was given a generous gift voucher for agreeing to undertake additional responsibilities at work.

Did I spend it on sensible things like groceries?? No I did not.

View attachment 2723565

Because there was very little pink among the teacups.

It was heavily discounted but still rather extravagant, and it came in a lovely gift box, which I'll keep.

View attachment 2723566

It's a contemporary revival of a 1960s design from the Royal Albert archives.

PS :D:D:D:D
Very nice, MJ. You have great taste!

It's the helicopters that drive me nuts!

Here you get helicopters for 4 reasons:
  • medical emergency
  • search & rescue
  • media
  • Army manoeuvres
Not sure why MJ would get them unless she's on a flight path.
We seem to get them coming in quite low every few weeks.
Other reasons for ours are hospital transfer ( I guess that counts as medical emergency) and Bush fire/ back burning monitoring.

I was given a generous gift voucher for agreeing to undertake additional responsibilities at work.

View attachment 2723565

It was heavily discounted but still rather extravagant, and it came in a lovely gift box, which I'll keep.

View attachment 2723566

So pretty MJ. ❤️

I bet it will bring you lots of joy every time you use it.

View attachment 2723565

View attachment 2723566

Just lovely!

They are loud but they are not as destructive as chickens so if your neighbours don't mind they are still worth considering & they eat ALL the bugs! ;)
From what I have read it is more like introducing some wild animals than keeping pets. You provide extra food in winter and make sure there is water and then they do their thing. I don't think you get to know them as individuals.
They don't come to a coop so you can't protect them from predators (they roost in trees) and I don't know if I could cope with the death and destruction that would entail in my place - I am confident that the Guineas as a whole would survive and thrive but individuals would not.
So it would be more like the rabbits and the wild birds than the Princesses.
That said, I cope with the foxes catching rabbits and wild birds - one walked right by the chicken coop yesterday with a mocking bird in its mouth :( - but the difference would be that I had introduced these birds.
Hmmm. I don't know. I am very tempted as I have a horrible bug situation particularly ticks and I do think they are funny. Will investigate the noise angle too but it is not what I am most worried about.

Good evening MJ and everyone 😴

View attachment 2723565

View attachment 2723566

That is so pretty MJ 😍 memories will me made for sure !

From what I have read it is more like introducing some wild animals than keeping pets. You provide extra food in winter and make sure there is water and then they do their thing. I don't think you get to know them as individuals.
They don't come to a coop so you can't protect them from predators (they roost in trees) and I don't know if I could cope with the death and destruction that would entail in my place - I am confident that the Guineas as a whole would survive and thrive but individuals would not.
So it would be more like the rabbits and the wild birds than the Princesses.
That said, I cope with the foxes catching rabbits and wild birds - one walked right by the chicken coop yesterday with a mocking bird in its mouth :( - but the difference would be that I had introduced these birds.
Hmmm. I don't know. I am very tempted as I have a horrible bug situation particularly ticks and I do think they are funny. Will investigate the noise angle too but it is not what I am most worried about.
Neighbours have some & you are right in that they are pretty feral but they do seem to survive & thrive. I don't find them particularly noisy but then my tolerance for bird noises is pretty high given the variety & particular wild breeds we get around here. A flock of green Lorikeets roosting is enough to warrant ear muffs! :D They do clean up ticks & that is my main reason for wanting them. I loathe ticks!

Back
Top Bottom