MJ's little flock

Yes. For herding reasons. They can be easily encouraged to go under the jacaranda and from there, through the pop door.

I removed them last night.

Both. I'll be adding a handle to both sides. At this time, it has little draw bolts on the outside. Before the hens sleep in there, I'll be making sure Mr and Mrs Fox can't open it.
Sounds like a clever, well thought out plan.

Will you be putting an apron of pavers around the the jacaranda too? (Along the base of the run of course :D:p)

Sounds like a clever, well thought out plan.

Will you be putting an apron of pavers around the the jacaranda too? (Along the base of the run of course :D:p)
I hadn't forgotten about keeping foxes from digging under that section. But I haven't decided whether to do that or run a double row of sleepers along the sides within the run. Because of the shape of the jacaranda, it'll be tricky to pave under there.

MJ I just looked again at the lovely fun run. My guess is you may need some corner bracing on the big doors so they don’t get ‘out of square’ with use. Not a big deal but with an eye to longevity might be good to do.
That's right and the corners are braced but not with anything you can see in the photos. Instead they're braced with heavy duty elbows.

If these ever fail they'll be replaced, maybe with American style bracing with timber.

IMG_2021-06-26-08-10-40-858.jpg

I hadn't forgotten about keeping foxes from digging under that section. But I haven't decided whether to do that or run a double row of sleepers along the sides within the run. Because of the shape of the jacaranda, it'll be tricky to pave under there.
I'll probably attach a pulley to the pop door one day too.

Back
Top Bottom