MJ's little flock

What’s with the purple and the naked person about to jump into the middle?
That is a king cake for Mardi Gras... and the baby used to be inside the cake and whoever got the piece with the baby had to buy the next cake... but it is to represent baby Jesus to signify the epiphany... they no longer put them inside due to choking hazard... when we were young none of that stuff mattered 😆
And purple, gold, and green are the official colors of Mardi Gras...

That is a king cake for Mardi Gras... and the baby used to be inside the cake and whoever got the piece with the baby had to buy the next cake... but it is to represent baby Jesus to signify the epiphany... they no longer put them inside due to choking hazard... when we were young none of that stuff mattered 😆
I love it.
I learned something new today. Thank you!

I get this... but no matter what... or where or how they live they will eat and pick at the dirt... my coop stays mostly dry but with all this rain they will dig in the corners until water flows so they can drink from the mud puddles.. there’s no way to stop them.. I throw all treats onto the ground for them...

Speaking of treats I buy soft Timothy hay for the bunny... and I give bunches to the gals...they love it and they are getting some greens since they have devoured every bit of green from their yard.
The hens at my house love hay too. I buy them a bale every now and then as a treat.

Yummy! That sure looks like desert to me. 🤤
SHRA.

IMG_2021-07-16-16-49-07-249.jpg

I'm surprised to learn Mardi gras is a religious festival!

It really is! For me anyway... you have no idea!! I could quite literally live off of cake... if I didn’t so easily gain weight... I’d eat a lot more of it!! Even though I still probably eat more than most!
I like cake too, but not as much as you do. I can go years without cake and I'd not miss it, but if it's being handed around at a party, I really want my piece!!

That said, I have a fruit scone every now and then with lunch.

Back
Top Bottom