MJ's little flock

It felt wrong. It was better than nothing but nowhere near as meaningful as being there in person. If it weren't for the pandemic I'd have been there. It was my worry over transitting through Melbourne that kept me home.
It has effected us all so much. :hugs :hugs

Oh I am so sorry.
So difficult.
Maybe when you can travel you can visit her grave and spend some time going through your own process.
:hugs :hugs
I thought of that too and I've made a plan with our other friend who lives in Melbourne. She and I are going to Tassie together once we can move around freely again.

Today is funeral day. It's been 10 days since she died, that seems like a long time to me but I guess it's necessary when people are coming from afar during a pandemic.

I'm aiming for warm poignancy rather than heartbreak. I fear her mother will be a hair-tearing wreck. Mel is the second daughter she's lost. Tanya was killed long, long ago in a motorcycle crash, also in Tassie. Anyway I hope Mel's mother can keep it together a little for the sake of the kids.
Hi MJ, I’m sorry I missed this post yesterday, I hope the funeral was how you hoped it would be. I feel so sorry for your friend’s family and especially her parents, outliving one of your children is hell enough, losing two, well… My daughter would have been 13 in September this year and the thought of losing my son as well, let’s just say that’s a rabbit hole I can’t go very far down at all. Anyway, know that I am thinking of you. :hugs

I thought of that too and I've made a plan with our other friend who lives in Melbourne. She and I are going to Tassie together once we can move around freely again.
That sounds like a really, really good idea, MJ. It's all so insane. We have families separated by our stupid border ~ you know, like that city which is 1/2 1 side & 1/2 the other! 🙄 And people who live on 1 side but work 5 minutes away on the other side ~ only the border is shut. No wonder people are acting crazy.

It felt wrong. It was better than nothing but nowhere near as meaningful as being there in person. If it weren't for the pandemic I'd have been there. It was my worry over transitting through Melbourne that kept me home.
That would have been a hard decision, but very responsible on your part, I feel. :hugs

That would have been a hard decision, but very responsible on your part, I feel. :hugs
I have too much coming up in my schedule to be in quarantine right now and you just never know when restrictions will change. Transitting through Sydney was put on the 'no' list for South Aussies just the other day.

So I've just heard a friend has died. She had GBM. Diagnosed years and years ago, so she had way more time than most folks. She had two surgeries since the diagnosis and various treatments. She leaves an amazing husband and two children. She made her home and family in Hobart, so I guess I'm heading to Tassie for her funeral (I don't have the details yet). I will remember her as a shining person, singing out front of her band, huddling around a computer screen, eating chocolate, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, writing insightful papers, cuddling her kids, and getting married.
So sorry you have lost a friend! :hugs

That sounds like a really, really good idea, MJ. It's all so insane. We have families separated by our stupid border ~ you know, like that city which is 1/2 1 side & 1/2 the other! 🙄 And people who live on 1 side but work 5 minutes away on the other side ~ only the border is shut. No wonder people are acting crazy.
I did not realize you effectively had internal borders. We had some elements of that for a while but it seems to have gone away as an idea.

Back
Top Bottom