MJ's little flock

@Marie2020
This page will give you a search for a chicken friendly vet near you.
I have no idea what these vets are like but according to the website they should treat chiickens.
https://www.chickenvet.co.uk/find-a-vet
What a great resource. I have finally found a vet who seems to get chickens and indeed has her own small backyard flock. The vet who saw Maggie was fine, but was really a parrot and lizard guy - certainly better than nothing but not chicken oriented. To find this new one I had to call a half dozen vets for recommendations.

@Marie2020 Get her out of the sink. Don't bath chickens in water like that.
If you want to clean her bum then a tiny bowl of warm water and a cloth is all that's needed.
I did everything wrong :(

But she's picked up tremendously from this morning. I kept her in until 12am ,it was chilly but seemed to have warmed up by then. She had been eating and really wanted to be with the flock.

It wasn't long before she was telling them all what too do again :)

I was so annoyed with myself. I let amber out and fell asleep a few hours after, i wanted to keep a close eye on her.

But fear not, she was stood ontop of the gate shouting food with the other's chiming in with her.
She's eating as she did and making everyone wait until she's had her fill. That's my girl

20211022_171604.jpg

@sharach

I've kept this link you posted. Still nowhere near where I live but can speak on the phone. Thanks so much :love

@rjohns39
The Famer has dropped off some beef liver today, especially for amber but there's enough for all of us. She wouldn't except anything for it. I feel so lucky being where I am. Some people here are amazing.

Thanks for your support yesterday :love

Back
Top Bottom