MJ's little flock

Good morning/evening MJ and everyone 😊😴

There are very few quiet moments on BYC, so instead of waiting for one, I'll just mention quietly that Janet appears to be slowing down in life.

She always does well at her checkups but she's nowhere near as feisty as she once was. She takes lots of Nanna naps.

I don't want anyone to be shocked when she goes, so I'm just giving a bit of a warning.

View attachment 2921993
:hugs :hugs

I'm sorry to say that I don't really know. They certainly use it as a dust bathing shelter. ☺️

Both Edwina and Pepper have been broody for the last two weeks so are spending most of their time on the nests.

Alice tends to follow me around the house and take shelter under the eaves.

Alice has gone to bed early to avoid the rain
View attachment 2920899

Two broody girls
View attachment 2920900
Such lovely ladies. It's very nice to see them again. 😊

You know what? I'm so happy with the big funrun. Looking across at the hens a moment ago, they were spread out at comfortable distances, not bothering each other, just scratching and nibbling on things, back and forth from the water, beaks to the ground, tails up, maybe sit down for a while, maybe eat some pellets, a little soft chicken conversation, a little preening, maybe nibble some shell grit...

They seem contented.
Is a special thing to see them like that. 🥰

There are very few quiet moments on BYC, so instead of waiting for one, I'll just mention quietly that Janet appears to be slowing down in life.

She always does well at her checkups but she's nowhere near as feisty as she once was. She takes lots of Nanna naps.

I don't want anyone to be shocked when she goes, so I'm just giving a bit of a warning.

View attachment 2921993
How old is she now?

How old is she now?
SHRA tax

20161015_164759.jpg

Just an update on the home invasion situation.

We (as in, all the neighbours) know of another three homes that were broken into after the failed attempt on mine and one of those is the home of a 93 year old lady. That's his low point. His high point is his complete lack of violence. He doesn't hurt people. He only takes money.

All the same, I put a padlock on the chickens door last night.

The police are diligently patrolling the neighbourhood. They drive past several times each night.

I accepted a quote for getting the lights with cameras installed. It's not as much as I predicted but still a big expense, although very justifiable. After much discussion with family, I decided on three motion-sensing lights with cameras that are wired into the electricity. That way, if ever I need to go overseas for work again, I needn't worry about the batteries running out. Three are needed to cover the front veranda, which wraps around three sides of the living room, and the back porch. They're getting installed on the 23rd.

In the meantime, I'm leaving outside lights on and various lights within the house too.

I'm also in the midst of discussing the finer points of the driveway gates before signing off on that quote and fixing an installation date.

Just an update on the home invasion situation.

We (as in, all the neighbours) know of another three homes that were broken into after the failed attempt on mine and one of those is the home of a 93 year old lady. That's his low point. His high point is his complete lack of violence. He doesn't hurt people. He only takes money.

All the same, I put a padlock on the chickens door last night.

The police are diligently patrolling the neighbourhood. They drive past several times each night.

I accepted a quote for getting the lights with cameras installed. It's not as much as I predicted but still a big expense, although very justifiable. After much discussion with family, I decided on three motion-sensing lights with cameras that are wired into the electricity. That way, if ever I need to go overseas for work again, I needn't worry about the batteries running out. Three are needed to cover the front veranda, which wraps around three sides of the living room, and the back porch. They're getting installed on the 23rd.

In the meantime, I'm leaving outside lights on and various lights within the house too.

I'm also in the midst of discussing the finer points of the driveway gates before signing off on that quote and fixing an installation date.
I am pleased that you are moving forward with some protection. They will catch him eventually, I'm sure. Until then it's best to be safe.

I am pleased that you are moving forward with some protection. They will catch him eventually, I'm sure. Until then it's best to be safe.
I'm actually kind of grateful to the sod for pushing me on this stuff. I love my work but I do tend to put it above other important things in life.

Back
Top Bottom