MJ's little flock

One last update before turning my attention to my day's work, I saw one refugee take a sip of water and from some spillage, it was clear they'd been at the pellets too. Now they've got straw and hay, I'm sure they'll take on plenty of roughage too.

I've removed everything from the laundry that might've been toxic or dangerous for them. So I feel like I've done all I can for now.
Do they have some form of grit for their gizzard? Just thinking that they may not have access to ground for a while. Maybe they already are stocked up from their previous home.

Once the ground here got covered in snow, I got the hens some, but it doesn't seem to be that popular, so perhaps grit lasts a long time. :confused:

Here are the refugees.

View attachment 3323594

View attachment 3323595

I showed them the food and water, then left them in peace to adjust at their own pace.

I'll make time to get some straw and a to set up a nest before I go to the office. Then they'll have the day to settle in before I start bothering them again late afternoon.
Aww, sweethearts! :love Definitely ISA Browns and not RIRs.

Do they have some form of grit for their gizzard? Just thinking that they may not have access to ground for a while. Maybe they already are stocked up from their previous home.

Once the ground here got covered in snow, I got the hens some, but it doesn't seem to be that popular, so perhaps grit lasts a long time. :confused:
Not yet, thank you for reminding me. I'll take care of that once I'm home.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness everyone!
Well, I don’t always plan things out properly either.
For example, I never intended to let my chickens breed, but due to previous unplanned events (five of my pullets turned out to be roosters, and we kept two of them, and then one of my Buff Orpingtons did the broody thing, and we let her) and now we have four little adorable chicks. And who knows what they even are.

Back
Top Bottom